Chapter 48

Upon waking up, Alex turned to smile at Jake, who looked like he'd been awake for a while.

Jake smiled right back. "Good morning, Al. Did you sleep alright?"

"Yes, Sir. Thank you."

"Does your arm feel alright?"

"Sort of... It kind of hurts... Just a little though."

Jake nodded, standing up to walk into their bathroom to grab a few pain killers.

Alex moved over and tried to grab his arm to stop him, but accidently used the wrong arm, and he gasped before cringing, trying to look away so Jake wouldn't notice.

But Jake had watched him do it. Jake kneeled down by the bed, reaching a hand out to tilt Alex's head toward himself. "Allie, why did you do that?"

Alex shook his head, in too much pain to speak.

Jake lifted Alex by the shoulders, just to turn him onto his back so he wouldn't lay on his arm anymore. "I'm sorry, babe. I'll go grab you some pain killers, okay? Do not move. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir." Alex answered through gritted teeth.

Jake hurried to get him a glass of water, and two pain killers, before he rushed back over to Alex's side. "Here."

Alex took the pills, praying that they work quickly.

Jake took the water back, took a sip, and then placed the glass on their bedside table. He reached a hand out for Alex's good arm, and helped him stand.

Alex had tears in his eyes, but he did his best not to let Jake see them.

Jake held his hand and helped him walk down the stairs carefully, knowing Alex might be scared of them after his accident.

Todrick saw them and walked over quickly, waiting at the base of the staircase. "Good morning, you two. How are you feeling, Al?"

Alex smiled at him as much as he could. "Pretty good. Alpha gave me some pills to take, so... Should be even better!"

Todrick nodded once, looking to Jake. "Will you go back up and grab the sling from your room? I'm going to get this gauze off."

Jake nodded and quickly turned around to do so.

Alex followed Todrick into the kitchen, where Kevin was making breakfast.

Nearly an hour later, Avi and Kirstie made their way to the kitchen, before sitting down at the dining room table.

Scott was sitting beside Alex, holding the bag of ice against his arm for him, while Jake fed him.

Avi stared at them, letting his brain catch up for a minute before he got curious. "Alexander? Are you alright?"

Alex smiled widely. "Yes, Sir. Thank you for asking! How are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm asking about the sling though." Avi corrected.

Alex looked down, as if he forgot it was there. "Oh, yeah! I fell down the stairs yesterday, before you got home... And Kevin said I over extended something..? Or something."

Kevin nodded once, not looking up. "Hyperextended."

Avi glanced over at him. "Does he need to see a doctor?"

"Not yet. He might need physical therapy after it heals, but for the time being he just needs to rest it."

Avi nodded, and then turned back to Alex. "Does it hurt? Is there anything I can do?"