Chapter 83

Kirstie did some more studying later in the day, and even did some during dinner.

Avi stayed with her the entire time, and quizzed her when she asked for help.

Kevin offered a few pointers as well, but not many because he knew that she was going to do just fine. Especially judging by how much effort she had put into studying.

Mitch was reading something over her shoulder during the meal, but he had to stop himself when he remembered that he wouldn't need to take the test for a while.

Scott watched him do it, and he frowned. Scott then carefully placed his arm over Mitch's shoulders, pulling him into his side just so he could peck Mitch's temple.

Mitch grinned at him. "Hi."

Scott smiled right back, keeping the volume of their conversation just below the intense volume of the rest of the table. "Hi, honey. You haven't eaten very much, are you feeling okay?"

Mitch rolled his eyes with a fond smile, meaning no harm by the action. "I just sat down. Give me a second... You're so cute when you worry over me."

"I'm glad you enjoy my nervous break downs." Scott replied sarcastically.

Mitch just giggled.

Scott smiled at him, and then reached over to ruffle his hair.

Mitch gasped, and pushed his hand away. "Rude."

Scott chuckled at him. "You deserved it."

Alex was grinning at them, but when Mitch looked over, in an instant Alex's eyes widened and he looked down to his lap.

Mitch tilted his head a little, but didn't say anything.

Avi glanced over at Kevin for a second. "Kev? When were you planning on leaving tomorrow morning?"

"Tod and I will be up around five. So... Just whenever the Alphas wake up. At the latest we have to be out by eight."

Scott shrugged a little, feeding some food to Mitch as he spoke. "Would you just... Do me a solid, and make sure I'm awake by like seven?"

Kevin smiled and nodded. "Of course, Sir."

It wasn't until Mitch was walking up the stairs to go to bed, that he finally apologized to Alex.

Alex watched him go regretfully, his eyes beginning to fill with tears at the thought of Mitch being angry with him.

Mitch finally had an epiphany though, and he turned abruptly, only to skip down the stairs and practically knock Alex off of his feet in a hug.

Alex caught him gratefully, holding him as tight as he could as Mitch wrapped his legs around Alex's waist.

Scott and Jake watched them from the staircase, Scott smiling in relief.

Mitch held one hand on the back of Alex's neck, confident that Alex wouldn't drop him, as he leaned away just enough to press a chaste kiss to Alex's neck.

Alex positively beamed at his actions. "Mitchie..." He giggled, squeezing Mitch a little tighter. "You're not mad?"

"No. I have no reason to be." Mitch answered him honestly.

Jake walked back down the stairs, tapping Alex's shoulder. "Come on, Al. Bedtime."

Alex nodded, setting Mitch back on his feet, before kissing his cheek and then turning to follow Jake down the hall.

Scott quickly stopped him. "Allie, wait." He continued when Alex turned back around. "Can you just... Lift Mitchie as high as you can, and I'll grab him."