Involuntary Misfortune [8]

Hinata sat quietly beside her husband as they faced his Godfather. "Why are you both here so early again?" He asked.

The two exchanged a look which caused Jiraiya to furrow his eyebrows, "we just couldn't wait to see you," Naruto said finally.

"Hmm, well since you're here, Naruto you can help me with some stuff."

"Eh? Ano..." Naruto fumbled with the words as he searched for a proper excuse. Jiraiya arched an eyebrow as if daring him to refuse. "Fine."

"Great," the white haired man smiled while getting up and leaving the room.

The blonde grumbled as he got to his feet evoking laughter from his wife. "I'm glad this amuses you."

She smiled and looked up at him, "gomen." The Uzumaki smirked and bent to kiss her quickly before joining Jiraiya. She sat smiling long after he'd gone, glad that her dream had not materialized into reality. They were worried for nothing, but at that time anything was possible. A sigh escaped her parted lips and the smile fell from her face. They had escaped fate's grasp this time, but what about the many times to come in the future?

...

The sound of the Uchiha's gagging could be heard from inside his office. Jurou stood at the door of the office bathroom observing Sasuke. After a few minutes he quickly flushed away the discharged bile and struggled to his feet.

"First day on the job and you're already sick?" He commented as the raven haired boy rinsed the awful taste out of his mouth.

"I'm not sick..." He replied once he was finished. Jurou arched an eyebrow and he continued by saying, "this just...happens every morning. I don't know why."

"Hmm, your wife is pregnant?"

Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows, "how'd you-?"

"It's the only logical explanation. You simply have her morning sickness, trust me it happens."

Sasuke sighed and rolled his eyes, "great."

Jurou smiled and gave him a pat on the back, "cheer up, we have work to do."

"Whatever," he responded shrugging him off. He walked into Itachi's-his office and sat around the desk in the center of the room. It was plain, white wash walls with silver curtains. The only thing great about it was the spectacular view of the city located behind him.

"I'll walk you through the steps throughout today and offer assistance in the case of future events," the brown haired man explained.

Sasuke rolled his onyx orbs, he hadn't started yet and already he was annoyed. The Uchiha wanted nothing more than to be home with his wife...and yet, here he was sitting behind an oak desk. He'd given up all his time with Sakura to be able to provide for them, was it a worthy sacrifice? Would the end result by what they both want? He didn't know.

Sasuke turned in his seat and glanced at the city painted in white before him. The blue air ran still and all was silent. His gaze raked over building after building, his mind elsewhere. He felt that it would happen often time while at work. His mind or even soul would go, leaving his body to perform the mechanical duties that were required of him.

...

He lifted a fist, but hesitated before knocking on the door. The implications of his actions could have either a good or bad result. He didn't know how she'd reach, but pushing all his negative thoughts aside, he knocked on the door.