Chapter Six

Percy's POV

  I was sitting in my house. Well, Assassins. I haven't seen her for five months. Since then I've visited my mom and Paul a few times, but stopped when I learned they were having a child. I didn't want to attract monsters. There was a knock at the door. "Hello?" I said, opening it. Outside was a redhead in a catsuit. "Hello sir. I'm an agent of S.H.E.L.D. Security cameras caught you on the scene of a murder last night. We'd like to bring you in for questioning." I freeze. "Uh sorry. I don't know what your talking about." The redhead pulls a smart phone out of her pocket. She pulls something up and freeze frames it. She shows it to me. It's me on the roof. "Any comments?" I'm going full on panic inside, but I try to appear calm. "Yeah. You totally did a horrible freeze frame. It looks like I just ate a lemon." She rolls her eyes. "If you'll just come with me-" I slam the door shut. "Sorry, no can do!" I shout. I grab my stuff, through it in a bag, and open the window in the back. I close it after me and jump down the fire escape. I'll come back later. I climb into the sewers (don't worry, these aren't half bad) and sit in a dry spot. I take out my pen.

Yes. My pen. Assassin got me another sword-pen. I named it Chaos. It was an expensive pen just on the outside, some kind of black oak wood and a silver band. In sword mode, it was almost an exact replica of Riptide. It was Celestial Bronze and perfectly balanced. But on the hilt, right above where I would put my hand, was a band of Olympian Silver. It was in the form it is when mined, silver, with three words carved into it. A New Beginning. I loved it. I was tossing Chaos up and down (in pen form) when I heard a little whimper.

  I tensed up for a second. I looked over and saw a puppy. It was all a jet black and its eyes were sea green, like mine. It looked like a baby German Shepard, but I wasn't certain. It's tail was tucked between its legs and it's had a long, bloody gash running from its eye to the corner of its mouth. I smiled a little, remembering Luke. I held out my hand to her. She stepped back, but then after a few moments of hesitation licked my hand. After a few more moments she crawled into my lap. I slowly pulled off my bag to not disturb her. I pulled out a canteen of unicorn drought, which I got from a few demigod black markets. I pour it on her face and then dribble it in her mouth. She eagerly laps it up. I laugh a little. I take some bread out of my bag and give it to her. She devours it. I smile. I haven't really been interacting with many humans lately. This was nice. I stroked her head. For this moment, life didn't seem half bad.

(A/N) Thanks for reading! Any name ideas for the puppy? It's a girl, just saying

(A/N) Thanks for reading! Any name ideas for the puppy? It's a girl, just saying. Any suggestions are welcome. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the chapter!