Chapter Eight

Assassin's POV

Today was the day. I hadn't been here in over five years. The cemetery. I kneeled at my sisters grave. Tears welled up in my eyes. I tried to blink them back, but I was soon silently sobbing. Sabrina was eleven. I was fourteen. I didn't know about the Greek world yet. I was helpless when the empousa attacked. I watched as it tore her apart. Another demigod that happened to be in the park saved me, but it was too late for Sabrina. My tears soaked her grave. Afterwards I was taken to camp by the demigod. I stayed there for a few months before leaving. I few nights later I met my mom. Selene. The original goddess of the moon. She was powerful, more powerful than Artemis. She gave me my weapons, shield, and taught me magic. She helped me as much as she could, but in the end it was just me. I went to help demigods so no one would turn out like Sabrina. The memories of her death, the demigods apologies and soon the camps, my tears that I cried every night, and my mom. When I left camp I decided to stay incognito. After a while I met Nyx.

I was alone in Tarturus. Yes, Tarturus. I had found a large hole. A mortal had fallen in it. To save them I tied a rope around a pole, then I dropped down and tied a rope around their waist. They escaped but I fell in. I would've died but Nyx found me and took pity. Turns out she was good friends with Selene. Once I was ready to leave she gifted me a mask made of night. I wore it always. She also gifted me with the gift of darkness. She said that unlike others, I could always find comfort in the dark instead of fear. It also could do other things. Like now. I summoned what looked like a black rose. In reality it was made of pure darkness. I stood up and wiped my tears. Then I pulled my mask over my face and pulled on my world. These are my shields from the world. These are my protection. "Goodbye Sabrina." Yes Sabrina. Goodbye. But not for long. Yes, death is irreversible. It's a rule of life.

But I've never been very kind to rules.