Chapter 13

Percy Jackson

I woke up to a warm, crackling fire and Assassin whistling away while whittling a stuck into a stake. My dog was curled up at her feet, chewing on a bone. Sitting next to Assassin was a backpack halfway opened. "Assassin?" I asked. She stopped whistling and looked up. "Hey Percy." She replied. "I found you under the streets and wanted to help, so you know. Made a fire. Fed your dog. Am making a wooden stake. For vampires. You know." "I don't know." I said, masking my anger. "Where were you?" Her hand goes to her neck, like somethings there. "Busy." She said simply. I was angry. What? She saves my life, then dumps me at her old apartment, takes riptide, gives me a sword, and does nothing until she finds me in the sewers? And says she was 'Busy'? Well gosh, that makes up everything. NOT. "Where were you?" I ask again, this time not masking my anger as well. She puts down the knife and calmly opens her bag. She slips in her knife and stake and closes back up. She stands up and slings it over her back. My anger grows as she starts to leave. "Where do you think your going?" I ask furiously. She turns around. Through the shadows of her hood I make out to glowing silver eyes. She says three words before she leaves.

"To raise hell."