Chapter 2 Slytherin Table

After Hermione sat down at the table she looked up at Ron and Harry, they looked shocked and she made a mental note to ask them why, tomorrow after their first lesson will be best. The Sorting Ceremony had finished, Harry and Ron got sorted into Gryffindor. Draco Malfoy got put into Slytherin and was sitting next to her talking to another kid named Blaise Zabini. Hermione was looking over at the Gryffindor table with a saddened look in her eyes and was lost in thought, that when she sighed (kind of depressingly) she didn't notice Draco turn to face her and asked what was wrong. Until she saw fingers snapping in her face and someone whisper "Hermione" to her left, she was brought out of her trance and turned to look at who was talking to her and found that it was Draco. "Sorry, what did you say?", he smirked "I asked do you have a crush on Potter?" he responded with amusement in his voice. Her eyes widened in shock "WHAT NO, why would you ask me that Draco?!" He chuckled a little and his smirk widened a little, "what's wrong Hermione? You have a sad expression and was lost in thought, plus you have barley eaten, what's on your mind?" He acutely sounds concerned, how can he be an evil little git? she thinks to herself. "Honestly I'm not sure, plus you probably wouldn't understand, since you obviously can't stand the two" she said mumbling the last part hoping he wouldn't hear it. But unfortunately he did, and had to ask what she meant by that. She sighed and decided to tell him what Harry and Ron told her on the train.

      "Well since you want to know, Ron said you were an evil little git, with a cruel tone in his voice, and Harry added that you weren't a nice kid, that you come from a very rich family, you think you're better than everyone else, also you're a pureblood, and that you don't seem to mind your two goons of friends and a couple of other kids." Draco looked over at them with a smirk "and do you believe Potter and Weasel that I'm a snobby evil little pureblood git?" Hermione laughed a little "well I don't believe the evil little git part, but I believe that you are a snobby little pureblood" he smiled a little but quickly replaced it with a smirk, Hermione really wanted to get to know him, "you should at least believe some of the things Potter told you." "And which things should I believe?" Hermione couldn't help but ask, curiosity was starting to get to her again. Before Draco could answer Professor Dumbledore stood up "welcome to another great year at Hogwarts! I have some start of term rules I would like to inform you on, first years should note that the forest is strictly forbidden to any Hogwarts student. Now if the first years will follow their house Perfects to their dormitories, you all may go and rest before the start of term tomorrow." Than all of a sudden everyone got up and the only thing you could hear was each house prefects screaming "RAVENCLAWS FOLLOW ME!" "HUFFELPUFS FOLLOW ME!" "GRYFFINDORS FOLLOW ME!" And finally "SLYTHERINS FOLLOW ME!" Over and over again as everyone started to walk out of the great hall, Draco, Blaise, and Hermione walked out talking and laughing while following their fellow Slytherins, and Hermione almost forgot what she and Draco were talking about, but she let it go for now.