Chapter 10

"Ok if this is what we're going to talk about then we're going down to sit by the lake" I say this as I stand up. They just shake their heads and stand up as well, the three of us start to make our way out of the common room, past the Great Hall, and through the oak wood doors. We were walking down the hill to the lake when Draco and Blaise suddenly stopped and cross their arms over their chests. I stop as well and was about to ask them why they stopped when I see why, Harry and Ron are walking towards us. Great just great. This week had been going by perfectly well without interacting with those two, why just why now does that have to be ruined? "Whoa why such the stern faces guys? We're only here to have a friendly conversation with Hermione to clear some things." Ron says and even though it he tried to make it sound friendly I could hear the strain in his voice since he after all was speaking to Draco and Blaise and not just me. Draco looked at me and then back at them "maybe she doesn't want to talk to you guys, maybe there's been a reason for her avoiding you guys this week" "hey Draco maybe you should let Hermione talk for herself instead of for her" Harry retorts back to him. I roll my eyes however "Draco's perfectly fine Harry because he's right. If I wanted to talk to you I wouldn't have avoided you all week, come on Draco and Blaise let's continue our plan." With that I start to walk away and not bothering to look back because I can hear Blaise and Draco walking behind me.

     We get to the edge of the lake and I sit down on a small patch of grass that near the tree that Draco and Blaise always sit against. "It's a real good thing that you stepped in Hermione otherwise Draco and Harry would've gotten into a fight" Blaise says looking at Draco and laughing a little. "Why though, why do you and Harry hate each other so much Draco?" I can't help it the question is out before I can stop myself from asking it. They look at me and Blaise opens his mouth to say something, but Draco cuts him off before he can "how about a start somewhere else Hermione, that's one part of my story that you don't want to hear yet." Blaise looks at him like he's an idiot and he's not wrong, if you say something like that to me I'm going to do everything I can to figure it out. I let this go since it's Draco's story to tell when he's ready, so I ask Blaise a question instead. "So, Blaise the only thing I know of you is that you're a pure-blood, what's your family like?" Blaise laughs "well Hermione my family's a bit complicated my mother is a loving one, I'm closer to her than my father. He's in a way very strict when it comes to a witch or wizards blood statues and the house most of your family is put in." He shares a glans with Draco after he's finished and I'm not sure how to feel with how the way he said all of that, it was all very well though and towards the end it he was kind eerie on how to say it.

     "Are you an only child Blaise?" "Yes, I'm an only child, my mom wanted to have a little girl as well but for some reason she never went through with it. I don't know if it's because my father didn't want another child or what actually." "Ok well Draco what about you?" Blaise laughs and Draco can't help but smirk "Me? No, I'm an only child as well. Dear lord Blaise can you see my father having another kid around the house? As if I wasn't already enough for him, but I could see mother trying to convince him to have another though." "What are your parents like then Draco?" he sits there for a moment thinking "well like Blaise I'm closer to my mother than my father, as well as my father is insanely strict with the whole blood-statues." He doesn't look at me the entire time he speaks but it's interesting that they both basically say the same thing.

     Draco notices that everyone is starting to go back inside and stands up "I think it's noon, we should go back into see if lunch is being served" he extends his hand to me to help me up and I take as Blaise gets up as well. "Well Hermione I think that's all you're going to get out of us for now. What do you think Draco?" Blaise has a smirk on his face when he looks at him and Draco returns a smirk back as he says "I think that is all she's going to get for today." They both start walking up the hill leaving me glaring at them for a moment before I started running to catch up with them and once I do I lightly punch them both in the shoulder which just makes them laugh since they know what they did just made me even more curios then before.

Draco's POV.

     Hermione is a curios person and I love that about her, but I need to be careful with how I explain how my family is to her, and the whole fighting between me and Potter. However she's not the only one who's curios about our back story, no matter how many books I read I can't find one that says anything about a muggleborn ever being in Slytherin. I think tonight Blaise and I are going to do some questioning of our own. My thoughts are broken when me reach the Great Hall to see that lunch indeed has been served.