Kushina And Minato Alive

You know those Naruto fanfics where Minato and Kushina somehow survived, but instead of loving Naruto they abuse him? I know you are familiar with these fanfics.

I hate these fanfics.

I cannot even express in words how much these ones infuriate me.

Everything about these fics is wrong.

Minato and Kushina would NOT abuse Naruto. NEVER. They're freaking dead and they still care about him and look out for him. NEVER twist a character around enough to make them totally lose their original personality. Do not do that.

It's a fanfic, [most of] the characters were already created. Don't go making them unrecognizable.

Minato and Kushina need to stay as Minato and Kushina. Reckless and wise, calm and loud, CARING ABOUT NARUTO, etc.

Some things about characters can't change, even in fanfics. For me this is utterly horrible because Minato is my favorite character of all time, and I'm a lot like Kushina, so making them abusive is practically personally offending to me.

If you're gonna write a fanfic including this then please make my day and have a plot twist or something where it's not really Minato and Kushina.

For example:

Two ninja use a mimicry jutsu to pretend to be Kushina and Minato so they can control the Leaf village. The ninja pretending to be them raise Naruto and abuse him throughout his childhood, trying to break his spirit, not wanting him to be strong like his parents.

Meanwhile Minato and Kushina are kept captive for whatever reason, trying to break free to save the Leaf, and their son.

Eventually, after years of growing up in terrible conditions, despite his "parents" protests, Naruto becomes a ninja.

On one of his missions he and team 7 accidentally come across the spot where his real parents are held and rescue them.

They take out the fake Minato and Kushina and the real hokage and his wife get back to normal life.

The rest of the book could consist of Minato and Kushina trying to gain Naruto's trust after the entire ordeal.

(Holy frick someone write that. I will freaking love you)

Seriously, try to be original.