What If?

"What if so-and-so wasn't there? What if this person was there instead?"

I'm sure you've all heard sentences like that in Naruto fanfic descriptions, but they got really annoying for me really quickly.

#1 most common "what if?" I've seen: "What if Minato and Kushina survived, but instead of loving Naruto they abuse him?"

Other common "What if?"'s I've seen:
What if Sakura didn't exist and ___________ did instead?
What if there were more tailed beasts?
What if Sasuke never went with Orochimaru?
What if the Uchiha massacre never happened?

Now, what if's by themselves aren't bad, and some of them are really good, but what's bad about them is if the author doesn't expand on that, tell is why the thing did or didn't happen. Don't just get rid of Sakura because you dislike her or crap like that, give a valid reason why she'd be gone, etc.

If you do these fanfictions please say why something did or didn't happen. When people stop things they didn't like it can screw things up, so I'd want a freaking valid reason behind the changes you made.

There was a reason Itachi killed his clan, so there should be a reason for him not to.

There was a reason Minato and Kushina died (*cough cough* protecting Naruto *cough cough* they'd never abuse him *cough*), so there'd better be a reason they lived, and a way they lived.

I dunno if this one irritates others like it does me, but whatever. They irritate me when done incorrectly, which they usually are.