Chapter 7- Forever Gone

Soon my dad came running in the doors, with his briefcase in hand, and came over to me and Kyle.
"Is everything fine?", he ran to Kyle.

"I think so.", Kyle looked over at me and back to my dad while mumbling," I hope so. " We sit there and wait for the sign that she's fine. I can't help the tears that continuously run down my face when the sign never comes. Finally the doctor let's us go and see her. We walk in and seeing her makes the tears well up in my eyes.

I hear the machine continue to beap and begin to smile. I see my dad get down on his knees and he begins to talk to my mom.

"I know that I did some things wrong and if I could go back and stop myself, trust me I would. I wish I would have been more considerate because if I would've been, you wouldn't be right here, right now, today. I'm sorry, I love you." He backs away and wipes his tears. My brother is next.

"Mom, I know we weren't around each other very long but when we were, it was amazing. As a mother, you did your job to your best ability. You taught me and Kyla responsibility and independence and for that I want to say thank you. I love you." He walks back and pats my dad on the back.

I look at them both and the doctor comes in. He tells us that we have to leave and we step out. My dad gets a call and leaves the waiting room going through the hall.

I sit there on my phone as Kyle and his friends go to the café. I sit in the waiting room and fall asleep eventually.
***********Hours Later***********

I wake up and see my brother and his friends asleep and I assume my dad is gone. I decided to sneak into my mom's room. When I walk in and see no doctors I'm relieved. I go over to the bed and looked at my mom, trying to hold back tears. I sit there and stare at her beautiful yet pale face.

"Hi honey.", she looks at me through a small opening in her eyes. I could barely speak when my eyes started to water.

"Mom your awake!", I yelled.

"Don't get too loud, I don't want the doctors to come in here."

"Sorry. How do you feel?"

"Trust me honey I've felt better."

"You'll make it." She sat up a little and looked around me.

"Where is your dad and brother?"

"Dad had an emergency conference and Kyle is with his friends in the café."

"Oh well your dad always worried about his work."

"Yeah but he's really worried about you."

"I bet he is, I love you guys. Hey Kyla?"

"Yea mom?"

"Promise me you'll spend the rest of your life with someone who loves you for you."

"I promise mom."

"I love you guys."

"We love you too mom." I couldn't help but sob as I told her how much we loved her because I had a feeling that it was a goodbye. I held her as she held my hand and squeezed it and I smiled.

After a while of her squeezing my hand I noticed that her grip started to loosen. My head begins to rise as I hear a long beep and my eyes begin to water and I start to sob very loud. The doctors begin to rush in as I stand up and slowly back away and I am eventually pushed out of the room by the busy doctors. I go in the waiting room and see Kyle and his friends coming from the cafeteria.

"What's happening?" ,Kyle asked.

"I think she's gone." , I look at him as he eyes begin to widen. He runs his hands through his hair and rushes to her hospital room. All of his friends follow accept for Alex. He comes toward me and envelopes me into a hug.

I hug him back gently and cry into his shoulder. He leads me to a seat and sits down beside me while I lay my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me continuously telling me that everything will be okay.
I sit up and look at him.

"Why aren't you with Kyle?", I ask as I wipe my tears away.

"If I was with Kyle, who would be with you?", he looks and his grip on me tightens. I sit up completely and I realize he starts to lean in. I find myself doing the same and soon his lips are on mine. I put my hands on his cheek and he smiles on my lips. One of his hands wraps my waist while the other pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I deepen the kiss as I feel his smirk against my lips. Finally, we pull away. He looks at me with a smile and I wipe awayy dried tears. He pulls me into a hug and says, "it'll be alright".
Later on my dad came to the hospital to pick us up and say goodbye to mom.

We got to the car and I sat in the back with Marcus and Alex. Of course, Marcus opens the door for me and helps me into the car. I look at him and say, "I'm not injured ya' know". He smiles and replies, "yea trust me I know. I sit down and lay my head on the head rest.

Alex taps my shoulder and hands me an earbud. I take it and give him a small smile. I lay on his shoulder and listen to the music playing. During the quiet car ride, my dad interrupts the silence.

"You guys up for some Chick-fila-a?", he looks to the back momentarily.

"Sure.", everyone says in unison. He goes through the drive through and we're eventually home. I get out, go to my old room, and slam the door. I throw my food on a desk and jump on my bed and sob. This is officially the end for me, without my mom I'm good for nothing. She's actually forever gone.