Crash and Burn

"Eddie, you're a right dick!" Patricia screamed across her flat. They had been fighting for about half an hour and they were both ready to give up around now. It was the normal for them though.

"Yacker, I'm sick of this. Maybe we should just stop," he groaned. He couldn't be bothered fighting with her anymore. Other couples weren't like this and he didn't understand why they still fought after all this time.

"We never resolved it though," she complained.

"Maybe we should just stop us," he sighed.

She looked up at him. Her eyes were filling with tears. He knew he couldn't look at her because he knew if he did he would regret what he said and tell her he was angry and it meant nothing. She wiped away the first tear that fell from her eye. She blinked away the rest.

"Eddie, you can't do this. I can't live without you," she cried. "I love you, I want to spend forever with you," she was in full tears.

"I'm sorry, I just can't so this anymore," he whispered. He turned and walked out her flat. She watched in excruciating pain as he left. They had broken up falsely too many time before and she knew he wouldn't do it unless he really meant it.

For fifteen minutes she stared at her door, waiting for him to come home. Eventually she ran out. She couldn't stay there, it was where he broke her heart. She ran down the stairs and across the road. She ran straight out in front of a car.

It was a car she recognised. It was a car she had travelled in so many times before. It was the car she was in when she had first told someone she loved them. It was the car that she was now sprawled across the bonnet on.

He had gone for a drive. He needed to clear his head and actually decide if he actually did want to break-up with her. He wasn't paying full attention and before he knew it there was a thud and that familiar red hair was spread out across his windscreen.

The hospital wasn't easy for him. She was in a coma with three broken ribs and possible amnesia and brain damage but it couldn't be confirmed until she woke up, if she did wake up. He didn't cry, he wanted to stay strong for her. He held her hand through as much as he could. It was obvious to him he had made the wrong choice. He needed her. He only fully knew this when he realised that if she died he was committing. It would sound pathetic to nearly everyone but the people who had found their true soul mate would know what he meant. He was clinging onto a hope that she would wake up. When she woke up he would be right there begging for a second chance. He didn't expect her to take him back straight away, he nearly killed her for god's sake, but he just believed that eventually she would at least consider taking him back.

He was stroking his thumb against her hand as she lay lifeless on the bed. The hospital had permitted him to stay as much as he wanted as they couldn't exactly do much to her if there was no way for her to react. They had stuffed lots of tubes into her so they could monitor her condition.

There were witnesses to the crash and they had told the authorities that even if he wanted to he couldn't have stopped the car in time to prevent hitting her. He wasn't being charged with anything but he had been warned and told to take extra care.

He was worried. In fact, he was beyond worried. He was terrified. Part of him was praying for amnesia so she wouldn't remember the break-up and they could go back to normal. He just want her to wake up and forgive him but he didn't think that would be possible.

---

It had been 11 days since he hit her and she still hadn't awoken. The doctors had told him that after this point the chances of her waking up were slim. Eventually they would take her off life support and if she didn't manage to support herself that was it.

He had said he would give her organs or blood or bone marrow or whatever it took but he was told that as she was in a coma it wouldn't make a difference and if she woke up she would be stable enough for her own organs to support herself. Basically they were telling him he was helpless. There was nothing he could do to save her, or so they thought.

She was laying lifeless as she had been for the past eleven days. He hadn't left her for more than an hour. Her parents hadn't bothered to visit but when Piper came she was an emotional wreck. Eddie told her everything that had happened and this made her cry even more.

He was stroking her hand and just watching her. She was paler than she usually was and she had lost a lot of weight. He closed the door and pulled over the curtain. He pushed her wires to one side and crawled in next to her. He knew this was permitted but he didn't care much.

"Hey Yacker, I'm not too sure if you can hear me or not but if you don't want me to cuddle you then I'm sorry but I can't deal with being apart from you. Usually I'm quite good at speeches that make your heart melt and it's maybe the fact in the cause of this but I really don't know what to say so I'm just going to go with the flow. You don't understand how much I regret breaking up with you. As soon as I walked out that door I wished I never did it. I know that you'll probably never forgive me but I'm clinging onto the hope that one day you could find it in your heart to take me back. I love you Yacker and I'm so sorry it took me to think that if I walked back in I couldn't hug you for me to realise how much I need you in my life. Please don't leave me. You can't leave me. My life would be worthless without you," he pleaded as tears threatened to fall.

He lifted one of her hands and kissed her knuckled tenderly. He kissed up her arm and down her collarbone. He kissed her neck and behind her ear. He kissed down the side of her face as stopped just before her lips. She looked like she was sleeping. If the tubes weren't there and she was frowning more it would look like the usual Patricia. He leaned down and kissed her. As he kissed her her machine started beeping like crazy.

He jumped off the bed seconds before a team of doctors and nurses burst in. He saw her body stretch upwards and heard what sounded like a gasp before being ushered out.

After about half an hour he was allowed to see her. She was lying on her bed smiling. He didn't know what they were. He didn't know if she remembered what happened that night. He played it safe.

"Hey Yacker, how you doing?" he asked her casually. She looked at him.

"Come over and cuddle me doofus," she almost commanded. He smiled slightly. She said cuddle and not hug. Cuddling was more romantic so maybe there was still hope. He took in the all too familiar scent if her hair and feeling of her arms around him.

"You know your much better at those speeches than you think and for the future, I do like cuddling," she whispered making him freeze. So she heard it all.

"Yacker I really messed up and I'm so sorry," he sighed and she tightened her grip in him before pulling away to look him in the eye.

"I messed up in America and at Anubis, you're good," she laughed. He smiled and leaned down to kiss her.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you," she replied smiling like an idiot.

-----------------------------

HAPPY PEDDIE ONE SHOT DAY!

I probably should have updated College Years today but I've been busy writing one shorts for this special day.

Love each and every one of you!

Sibuna !