Chapter 1

"Dipper slow down!" I laugh as I catch up to him. I trip over a root and fall flat on my face, braces almost breaking as I do. I'm surprised they haven't snapped yet I mean come on!
"Haha you're such a spaz." He helps me up and laughs.
"Not as big of a spaz as you are!" I shove him. He falls backwards over another root and lands in the grass with a hard thump.
"Ha ha ha very funny Mabel." He brushes himself off and we continue through the forest. He pulls out his journal and flips through the pages.
"It's really lucky we found that book." I say as he starts walking to his right.
"Great Uncle Ford's got his perks." Dipper teases.
"But seriously those journals have saved our butts like so many times!"
"I know right!" He smiles brightly and shuts it. "Imagine what it would be like if we didn't find it."
"I guess we owe Gruncle Stan a thank you." I laugh. "He's the one who sent you out to put up the signs!"
"In his dreams." I throw my arm over his neck and we walk through the forest happily.
"Seems like forever ago we got here." He mutters.
"Yeah..."
"I think about everything we've done!" He jumps onto a rock and stands proudly.
"What are you doing?"
"Reminiscing." He jumps back down. "And looking awesome while doing it."
"In your dreams, bro-bro." I joke.
"Wow you are just the worst." He punches my arm.
"I guess I am." I slap his back hard.
"OW!" He rubs his back. The shack rises through the leaves and we run inside. We enter the gift shop, the bell chiming and bump fists. Wendy waves high, her feet in the counter reading Avoid Eye Contact monthly
"Where have you two been?" A rough voice growls.
"Out mystery hunting!" I say proudly.
"Yeah." Dipper's face switches from happy to solemn and he holds his stomach like he was gonna be sick.
"Dipper you ok?"
"Y-yeah." He stutters and falls to the ground. I go down with him and put my arm over the back. He makes faces like he was expecting pain or trying to block something out.
"You sure you're ok?" I ask again.
"I think I need to lie down." His face green, he gets up and steps on his own feet and falls again.
"Stan I think he needs to go to a doctor." Wendy says, lowering her feet from the counter. Dipper gets up shakily and I watch him scared.
"Doctor shmoctor." Gruncle Stan waves his hand dismissively. "He just needs some sleep."
I look at Dipper as he walks through the gift shop and falls into the doorframe.
"Dipper wait!" I run over to him and help him up the stairs. We finally make it into the attic and by the time I open the door Dipper had fallen asleep, shivering. Wendy came up and helped carry him into our room and tuck him into bed.
"You coming down?" Wendy asks as she opens the door. "Or should I close this?"
"Close it." I mumble as I open a magazine. "I will stay up here with him."
"Ok girly." She winks and closes the door softly.
Dipper didn't wake up for the rest of the day.
"Kid you coming down for dinner?" Gruncle Stan asks as he walks into our room several hours later.
I shake my head no and he looks between me and the lifeless Dipper.
"Still hasn't woken up?" He walks over and touches Dipper's forehead and sighs.
"What?" I ask, sitting up quickly and throwing my magazine to the floor.
"I just really wish I brought him to a doctor." He sighs. "I just feel awful."
"It's ok Gruncle Stan." I smile. "He'll be fine. If not we... we can call for help."
He nods and tells me he'll bring me up some dinner. I walk over and sit next to Dipper.
"Dipper can you hear me?" I shake him a little.
"NO!" He screams and begins to thrash around violently. I jump and fall off of the broken bed.
"Dipper?" I stand up and look as sweat beats down his head. A worried expression goes across his face and he begins to chew on his cheek. Blood drips out of his mouth as his face turns scared. I grab the corner of his blanket the stuff it in his mouth carefully. He chews on the blanket and tears build in his eyes.
"Nwo plee Bhiyk stowp iyht!" He shouts, the blanket corner falling out of his mouth covered in red.
"Dipper wake up!" I begin to shake him, not caring about all those facts about not waking people this was scary!
"GAH!" Dipper shouts up and scrambles to take the blanket off of him. He begins to pant and I throw my arms around him.
"You ok?" I ask, panting hard.
"Wha-" he coughs and screams. I pull back and he opens his red hand, blood still staining his teeth and it dripping slightly from is mouth.
"You but your cheek." I explain. He nods and gets up with a shiver.
"I feel horrible." He says as he grabs a sweatshirt from his closet. I look at the thermometer in the corner and sigh. It was 89° in here that can't be a good sign that he's cold.
"Dipper let's go to a doctor." I say and I put my arm around him.
"What?" He jumps a little.
"I said we should go to a doctor." I repeat.
He nods.
"Gruncle Stan!" I call as I help Dipper down the stairs.
"Yeah?" He responds, a plate of chicken and broccoli in his hand. He looks at Dipper'a bloody face, bags already under Dipper's eyes and his hair all messed up.
"Let's get you to a doctor." Gruncle Stan picks Dipper up and we walk out to the car. I check the clock. It was six, I don't know about any doctors being open right now it whatever will help Dipper.
The car takes off with crack and Dipper curls up in his seat and closes his eyes. I watch him as his mouth moves like he's shivering.
"Aw Dipper." I sigh. "What's going on with you?"