Chapter 8

It's been weeks and I don't think I've been more nervous than right now. The hospital was letting Dipper go outside because fresh air is good for people and he needs some yadda yadda yadda. But last time he was outside he came back bruised and beaten. My nails were down to a nub, why was I so nervous? They would have people with Dipper, nothing would happen to him. Why was I scared of something happening to him? Was I? Or was I more scared that I was going with him?
"Alright Mabel," Gruncle Ford stops the car in front of the ER doors. They were bigger and taunt-ier than before.
I shakily open the door. "You sure you're not coming?"
Gruncle Ford nods. "I have work and so does Stanly."
"You guys aren't gonna fight while I'm gone, right?" I rub my hands together anxiously.
He smiles half-heartedly. "We'll try our hardest."
"I need a yes." I clamp my jaw.
"Sure yes." He regrips the steering wheel and truth back to the road. "Absolutely."
I nod and smile. "Thanks!" I cheerfully spit as I jump out the car and slide to the doors.
"Hi!" I shout as I get into the waiting room. The desk person and some people waiting look at me. I bounce over to desk and the woman from before smiles at me.
"You want to see your brother right?" She glances from me to the computer. "Mason, right?"
"Yep that's the one!" I laugh a little. She gestured to the door and I skip over to it. As my hand nears the door handle it freezes up. My body is physically not allowing me to go into the hallway that will lead me to Dipper. Even it knows this is a bad idea. But I shouldn't be scared of my brother.
But what if it's not my brother?
I scream internally at that thought. What if it's not!? It could be the shapeshifter! Or a ghost! O-or the gnomes-!
"Sweetie you okay?" The nurse asks, peering over her desk.
I grip the door nob with sweaty hands and manage to gulp down the lump in my throat. With a shaking nod, I slip through the door and make my way down the hallway until I run into Dipper and a doctor (literally).
I tangle my foot from the wheelchair Dipper was in. He wore all white, his eyes were glazed over (clearly drugged) and he had both feet and hands strapped down. I point to the bands and raise an eyebrow at the doctor.
The tall, gruff man lets out a small smile. "It's just 'till he get outside."
I look into Dipper's milky eyes and sigh. "Yeah yeah yeah."
And so we strut down the hall, turn left right before the door to the waiting room and just one door, elevator ride and security check point later voila we were outside. The air was soft and the grass was short and neat. The green was bright and reflected the warm summer sun with strength. The clouds swirled around the waterfall that was crashing to the lake with a smash about a mile away. I inhale, taking in the sweet smelling flowers and barbecues as a wind sweeps the grass softly in a shimmer.
"It's beautiful out," I kneel beside my brother, his mouth hanging open. "Don't you think Dipper?"
He pushes his mouth to one side of his face. "I prefer night."
I nod. "Yeah but you have to admit it's a perfect day."
He leans towards me a little and whispers loudly. "Perfection is all perspective."
"Wow." I chuckle awkwardly. "Deep." And the doctor roles Dipper down a path as his eyes widen, the drugs wearing off. He starts playing with his fingers again and i walk unfortunately by his side.
The doctor grabs his phone and the soft buzzer grows louder in his hands. "So sorry. I'll just be over here."
I go to protest but he's already taken five large steps to behind a tree. This was no respectable establishment, to be honest.
I turn to Dipper and kneel again. "Hey Dip?"
"Yeah?" His eyes grasp onto mine with a lost, boyish stare.
"Are you... Uh... Are you happy here?"
"Nope." He shakes his head a bit deviously. "I hate it."
"But you look happy-" I lie.
"I'm not." He coughs. "Not at all. Nadda. I hate it here."
"Then uh..." I look over to see the doctor still behind a tree, looking the other way. "How about I let you out of that wheelchair for a bit?"
He nods, his neck almost snapping. "Yes yes please that sounds amazing!!"
I reach for the binds, my hands shaking. They grip the leather as what looks like belt loop is pulled out is place. Dipper is watching me, his eyes burning to the back of my head. I touch the cold metal of the buckle and slowly begin to pull the leather from the brass pole-thing that held it in the loop. It was precarious work to say the least. I was shaking like a mad dog, why was I so nervous? I finally have the entire buckle undone. Dipper roles his ankle, and I reach for the other one. His wrists are strapped down with zip-ties. There is almost no ways I'm getting those off. But at least his ankles will be more comfortable, i guess. I look up at him, he is wearing his red shirt, blue vest and grey shorts like always. He had a bright smile on, the sun hitting his face familiarly. I stare for a while, our eyes meeting and not letting go. He looked and felt happy, it was awkward how familiar it was.
"What?" He finally says, breaking the stare.
I cough awkwardly. "Nothing nothing it was uh..." I grab the other buckles and quickly go to undo it.
"WHAT ARE YOU-?" I feel a big, hairy hand land on my shoulder and shove me back.
"Wha-?" I look up to see the doctor wrestling down a kicking Dipper.
"What were you THINKING!?" He shouts at me as he ties Dipper's heels down with zippy-ties instead of the bands. Dipper fought with all his might, laughing and kicking as he did so. I pushed myself against a tree as he is finally secured down, 5 point restraint style.
Tears flew into my eyes suddenly. "I... I am so sorry."
The man growls, looking at me out of the corner of his eyes. "I thought you were smarter than that. I know this is tough but your brother needs to be restrained."
"I- I..." I stutter to find the words. "I'm so sorry. I j-just wanted him to be happy..."

YUP UPDATE
THE BOOKS GONNA BE FINISHED SOONISH
ENDING IS COMING
THE BIG REVEAL OF WHY DIPPER IS SICK!!
[DUN DUN DUNNNNNN]
TADA
WOLIE NORTHWEST