11 | the stuart thing

     DESPITE BEING SOMEWHAT SOBER, Stuart must have been more exhausted than he realized because the only reason he had woken up during the taxi ride home was because the driver had made too sharp a turn and he accidentally banged his head against the window.

Cursing quietly from the back seat, Stuart blinked around the vehicle, momentarily trying to get a grasp of what was going on. After realizing that everything was normal and no one was in immediate danger, he slumped back down his seat and sighed through clenched teeth.

He hadn't even realized he had fallen asleep. And apparently, he was woken up at just the right time too, now that the taxi was slowly pulling up into Google's empty parking lot. Stuart had only begun to register the faint sound of snoring beside him when the taxi had pulled to a complete stop by the sidewalk and he turned his head to see Bree curled into herself, her legs tangled together in a rather uncomfortable position.

Sighing, Stuart dug through his pockets for his wallet and made sure to leave the driver a little extra for his tip. God knows if Bree threw up somewhere while he was asleep.

He then shifted around and nudged his roommate with his index finger, using a little more force than necessary. "Hey."

More snoring.

"Draven."

At this, Bree's eyebrows knitted together, her eyes still shut when she groaned out an incoherent retort.

"We're here," Stuart told her.

It took Bree nearly a solid minute to realize what he meant by this. She sat up on her seat and craned her neck towards the window, blinking frantically through heavy eyelids. Stuart didn't know what she was looking at, but something outside must have caught her attention because suddenly she was on her feet and flinging the door wide open with almost zero coordination.

It didn't take long for Stuart to step out and follow her, his steps wide enough that he caught her just in time before she hunched over the nearest bush.

"Jesus." Stuart quickly reached around her and pulled her hair back, his free hand patting her back as she heaved continuously. Nothing was coming out except a frantic harmony of dry wheezing.

When she calmed down and the nausea subsided, Bree grabbed Stuart's shoulder for balance before lowering herself down on the sidewalk so she could catch her breath. Stuart pulled away and watched her struggle for a moment, frowning.