The Journey(Extended)

"Good Morning, ladies and gentlemen. Please take your seats, fasten your seat belts, and enjoy the flight as we will be taking off shortly. Cabin crew, prepare for take-off." The voice on the over-head loudspeaker said.  The girls were in their seats, and were jabbing away furiously. 

"I can't believe we're cousins! What is your favorite book? I am obsessed with The Man in The Moonlight, that book is amazing!" Said Scarlet. 

"Oh yes, and what about A Stolen Heart? The part when her mum dies is really sad!" Said Alex, throwing her hands up into the air. 

"Don't spoil it!" 

"Sorry..." Said Alex. They felt the plane lifting off the ground, and before they knew it, they were flying. 

"Oh my god! Oh my god! We're gonna crash! STOP THE PLANE!" Yelled Scarlet.

"What are you doing!?" Alex hissed. "Relax, we're taking off."

"But, I don't like this. I've...I've never been on a plane before. " Scarlet explained slowly, watching the angry look on Alex's face turn into a horrified one.

"Wait a sec. So, you're telling me...You've NEVER been on a plane. EVER. Not once in your 16 year life?" Asked Alex, her jaw dangerously close to the ground. 

"I've never been on a plane before!" Laughs Scarlet. 

"This plane is incredible!  With TWO FLOORS. Of course I've been on one before, but this is by far the best. " Brags Alex. 

"I don't think I can ever go on another plane again after this flight, my expectations are now much too high. " 

The cousins continued chatting to themselves, when a conversation from the seats in front drifted to Scarlet's sharp ears...

"Have you heard the news?" Whispers Mycroft, his voice low.

"What on earth are you talking about?" Hisses Mrs. Hudson, who is a bad whisperer, I'm sorry to say. 

"About John and Sherlock? Why, they got married last Wednesday in Hawaii! It was a beach wedding, but unfortunately I was only able to attend via Skype call. Absolutely beautiful. And Sherlock really was a stunner in his wedding gown." 

"MARRIED? AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL ME?! I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE TOGETHER? I DIDN'T EVEN BAKE A CELEBRATORY SPONGE CAKE! And hold on a second............Sherlock................in a wedding gown?"

"No!" Mycroft says, his laugh stiff. "It was a joke. I'm trying on a sense of humor." 

Married?  Scarlet thought. If it's John and Sherlock that must be.....Shohn? Nono that sounds so stupid. Wait a minute. Johnlock! THE PERFECT SHIP!!!!  Scarlet smiled at her small revelation, and chose a movie to aid her in enduring the long trip.