romeo and juliet

dedicated to : obviouslythoughtless
°°°

We were both quiet, letting the radio fill the silence inside the car. We were unsure how to ask the questions that were piling up inside our heads. Or maybe we were scared to ask them. Because we weren't sure how to answer them.

"Soo.." he started, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. He does that when he's nervous.

"What do you want to do?" I asked quietly.

"It's up to you...." he said softly.

"They found out. We're damned." I answered quietly, trying to mask the hurt behind those words.

"But, even the damned can be saved." he said helplessly, his voice cracking a little. I wanted to tell him to stop the car and just hug him but I held back.

I sighed. "Right now, no matter how tight we hold each other, they're just gonna tear us apart."

"Then let's just leave. Pack up our bags and get away. Travel. You've always wanted to do that right? Then let's. Anywhere you want." he said desperately.

"You know we cant do that

We cant just run away from reality. We cant run away from them." I said sadly, fully taking my mask off, letting the tears that were filling up inside the walls of dam in my eyes crumble. "Because we're connected to them. They're our family. No matter what happens, there will always be a reason to come back to them."

"I thought that we'd be infinite. In this world where time is finite." he whispered, his voice wavering and his eyes watering.

"I thought so too."