Chapter 20

Tim

All of a sudden all the guys ran out of the house. Delaney must have ran! "John, I think Delaney got away." "Part of me hopes she did. But the other wishes she didn't." "I'm going to run." I said getting up and fixing a bag. I get out of the house and the tires on the SUV are slashed. Delaney had to see that but who knows how far she got. I got to the woods and tried to be as quiet as possible but I stepped on a twig. The sound echoed through the woods and I heard more snaps from behind me. "Really Tim?" Jason said. "Trying to run? I thought that we were cool." "I had to try." "I see. Well we got Delaney too and she is on her way back to the house. So let's take a walk." I sighed and followed his rules. "So how does your wife know so much about self-defense?" he asked. "Well her first husband was very abusive. She had to learn to fight back or die." "Damn, how long were they married?" "Eight years." "Wow. I am going to have sex with her." "I know." I whisper. "Better me than Max. After what she has done to him..." "I guess. Just don't hurt Delaney." "Now that won't be easy." "Why not?" "She escaped. So there is punishment. Like you will receive in front of Faith." Running was a stupid move. We kept walking and made it back to the house. He rubbed his eyes. "I need a shower and sleep." "Then do it. The punishment for running is going to happen no matter what." "You're right. So what did you three do?" "Tried to rob a bank and a teller ended up dead." "Why?" "For the thrill of it. When you are bored the craziest ideas come to life." I just stared at him.