Chapter 26

Tim

Maggie fell asleep on my lap and I didn't have the heart to move. I see Faith and Jason come up the stairs. "What's going on?" I asked moving Maggie to John. "In exchange for Delaney getting punished, Faith agreed to do it." I look at my wife to see her with sad eyes. "It's okay. I will still love you." I said. "Can I give her a hug?" I ask Jason. "Sure." I walk over and pull her into my arms. "Do what you have too. The girls left a while ago." "I love you too." She whispers and pulls away. Jason leads her up the stairs. I take Maggie back because that is the only way I wouldn't run up those stairs. "I hope the girls made it." John said. "Me too." "I'm so sorry about Faith." "Don't be. She couldn't live with herself if Delaney got hurt." "Were the rumors true about Dan?" he asked. "Yes. He would just let loose on her. It got so bad she had to run home and have her dad take care of it." "Wow. I mean I worked with him but people inly show you their masks." "Yeah." Suddenly two officers appear in the room. "Where are they?" one asked. "Are my daughters safe?" I asked. "Yes. They are at the station. Now where are they?" "Two are downstairs with his wife and oldest daughter. Then the other is upstairs with my wife." He nodded and they called in for more officers. "Please get my wife." I said walking out with Maggie.