Braden

Dylan POV

Greg, Andre, and I are at school now. I'm sitting next to Greg and Andre is behind him.

"Alright little birds, find your nest. Alright guys, normally we don't have exciting new this late into the term but we have a new student joining us today, Braden Higgins."

Everyone in the class turns and looks at me, "Stop staring!"

This is the second time this morning that people wouldn't stop staring.

"Hey, their is a empty sit over there man, why don't you go pop a squat."

The teacher said pointing to the opposite side of the room. Instead he looks toward me and starts walking his way over. He stops behind me.

The boy behind me tried to give Braden his wallet, "No. I sit here."

The boy gets up and runs away.

Greg and Andre turns to him as I just start at him.

He looks a lot like dad. He has the short blond hair, facial hair. He has tattoos, unlike dad.

"Is your dad Marcus Higgins?" Greg asks.

"Yeah. I've known him since I was a baby. He's the funniest." Andre said.

"The best. Great, great man."

"I want to smash his face." Braden said.

I swear, if he hurts my dad...I hurt him.

"Yeah, me too." Andre says.

"I hate that guy."

"Screw him."

Andre and Greg face the front as I continue to start at my brother.

"I, for one, don't want to smash his face in. He's the best person in the whole freaking world, and I'm sure if he would've known about you sooner, he would've taken care of you. Like he's taken care of me. I say he's the best dad in the whole world, and maybe you should give him a chance."

Then I turn around and get back to the lesson.

I look over at Greg and see he's smiling. He has a cute smile. It kind of reminds me of the first time I ever kissed his cheek. Still in three years, we've only kissed once. And that was when we were thirteen. It was the best feeling in the whole world and I remember wanting to do it again.

Now I can't, because he likes Nancy and I'm just going to be the forgotten girl who was in love with a guy who likes her friend. Maybe I should start thinking about moving on.

I mean it can't be that bad. Greg is moving on the least I can do is move on too. And sure it'll be hard because I've liked Greg for two years now and loved him for one, but I can't really do anything because he's happy, and I don't want to ruin his happiness.