06

Aaliyah's POV

I stared at the note shock because August would be the last person I expect to send me anything after how things ended between us. A little surprise that he what he said in the note and the gifts he sent. The last time I talked about August was a couple months ago and I could've sworn Symone said He was talking to someone. She said she didn't know how serious they were but he's been hanging out with her for awhile. 

I was a little jealous when I first found out but I wasn't exactly surprised that August found someone, regardless if they are serious or not. If he is seeing someone, shouldn't this gift be for that person?? I am not mad that he's moved on but damn, it's only been a few months. Does that mean he's over me? Why am I even thinking about this? It's not like I care.

Lies.

Okay, so maybe I still cared a little. 

I sigh removing all those thoughts from my mind then taking the box off my bed leaving the gifts. I don't know if I should accept them or not because what if he thinks something of me accepting them. I sighed once again before stripping walking into my connected bathroom stepping in the shower. 

After ten minutes, I got out because I knew everyone was waiting for me. I pulled the shower cap off my hair, smiling when I saw that it didn't get wet. I brush my teeth before walking back into my room getting dressed in what Symone picked out for me. I smile at my reflection in the mirror. I grab my phone snapping a few pictures. I turned around to leave when I saw Trey leaned against my door.

"How long have you been there?" I ask raising my eyebrow

"Long enough." He chuckles " Did you enjoy your gift?" He ask referring to the now open box

"Yea, I guess." I say awkwardly 

"He misses you, you know that right?" He asks

"Mmm." I hummed unsure of what to say.

"I've haven't seen my bro like that in awhile." He sighs making direct eye contact with me

"Even though he's a pain in the ass, he worries me sometimes. When he's like this, he doesn't think straight." He continues

"I... I don't know what you want me to say." I sighed

"I just don't wanna see him go back down that path." What path?

"Huh?"

"I know what he did was wrong, believe I do. I just want you to consider talking to him. I'm not saying get back together but start small." He says

"I guess that won't hurt." I nodded

"Alright, enough of that. Let's go have some fun." He smiles reaching out his hand for me to take. I smile taking his hand in mine.

"You look beautiful." He says

"Thanks." I blush

"I see that ass getting bigger tho." He smirks looking behind me.

"Shut up." I laugh quietly 

"Finally." Symone says handing me a glass of smelled like vodka.

"Sym, I can't drink. I have work tomorrow." I frown

"One drink won't hurt." She says grabbing Trey.

I smile at the memory of when we first met and she took me to my first party. 

"Where's Kay and-"

"They fell asleep." She points to the three girls sleeping on my couch.

"Trey can you please take them in my room?" I ask and He nodded handing his drink to Symone walking over to the couch lifting up Kay and Mya first then Chay.

Once the girls were in my room, Alexis started playing Work by Rihanna. Everyone except mama T started dancing. After a few cups, I decided that there was no way I would be able to go to work tomorrow so I excused myself to call my supervisor to let me know I'm not feeling well. I didn't want to lie but to deal with some bad ass children for nine hours a day, I need to be in a good head space.

I smiled to myself as I was my small group of friends drunkenly dance around my apartment. At that moment, I realized I didn't need August or any other man to not feel alone. I'm alright with being by myself for awhile because lets be honest, boys come with too much complications. I'm only 22 and I have plenty of time to find someone.

And that someone might not be August. 

____________________

I'm really glad I decided to rewrite this story. I feel like it's much better now.?

Thoughts?