20

Aaliyah's POV

It's obvious things with David is over. I could go after him and tell him that I only want him and him only, but I would be lying. I've been lying to myself for sometime now. Maybe I thought being without August would be easier and less drama, but that's what i'm drawn to. It's easy and simple with David and with August it's erotic, passionate, and overall mind blowing. For some reason I crave that. 

  If love is a lie, it's the most beautiful lie that you ever been told!
Cause, nothing nothing makes feel like you do!
Even though I see through you.
If love is a lie, then please don't ever tell me the truth!
Cause, nothing nothing makes feel like you do!
Even though I see through you.

 Almost two and a half years ago, I met him and within that time I fell in love with him then he broke me. Ever since then it's be back and forth with him, me trying to move on several times but failed miserably. I found every excuse in book to avoid getting back with August and it was all because I was scared.  I was too afraid to get my heart broken again, but I was scared of losing him at the same time. 

Crazy, I know.

It frightens me the hold he has on me. As complicated as things are with August, I realize I wouldn't want to have it any other way. Before I met him, my life was boring and meaningless. I would go to school then back home, where I would study, clean, watch netflix, and on occasions I would go out with Jerome. It wasn't bad but then I met a tattooed asshole that changed my life for what I now realize was for the better. 

A hour or so passed when I realized I was sitting in the living room of David's hotel room with a glass of wine, staring at the blank Tv screen. I feel awful, I never wanted to hurt David. He's an amazing man, so sweet, caring and loving. What the hell is wrong with me? I have a perfect gentleman who wants me while I'm here actually considering giving that asshole a second chance.

   "You're suppose to be different, but you're just like him. You guys deserve each other."

David's words echoed in my head as I took a sip from my glass. Am I just like August? Oh god, I hope not. I don't like hurting people but it seems that's all I've been doing since. I moved to New York to get a fresh start and I ended up back here with August again. Whenever I decide it's time to move on, I seem to end up back in the same place. Maybe David's right... maybe we do deserve each other. 

***

I drove slowly in the rain through the streets of New Orleans listening to "Too Good".  I was desperately trying to talk myself out of what I was about to do, but I knew it was the right thing to do. I owed it to myself to at least see if there's anything left between us. I need to know, so we both can move on for good or see where it goes.

After a long drive, I pulled up in August's driveway and turn the engine off. I took a deep breath while checking myself in the mirror. A minute of coaching myself on what to say, I pull my hood over my head before rushing out the car. My hand went to ring the doorbell when I realized the door was open.  I entered then closing the door behind me. 

I walked slowly down the small passage into the living room, I lift my eyes up from the floor to see a sight that made me regret coming here.

Adrianna straddling August on the couch. 

_______________________________________

One last chapter before the end 😪. 

Thoughts?