08

Aaliyah's POV

I woke up with Kay, Chay, and Mya next to me. I smiled at their sleeping figure then softly removing kay from my chest resting her next to Chay before getting up. I walked quietly to the bathroom, leaving the door half open incase they woke up. I turned on the shower waiting a few seconds before stepping in.

After about twenty minutes I stepped out grabbing my towel wrapping it around my body and a smaller one around my head. I brushed my teeth before walking back in my room to see the girls still sleeping and their tiny bodies sprawled out on my bed. I got dressed quickly so I had time to tend to my hair. I wanted a new look when I got here so I dyed it purple and cut a few inches off.

I towel dried my hair, not wanting to wake the girls up with the blow drier then straightened it. I put on a little makeup, spending too much time on my eyebrows. I check myself out in the mirror for a few seconds before walking down the hall into the kitchen to see Mama T making breakfast. 

"Well don't you look cute." She greets. I smile posing a little causing her to laugh loudly. 

"Thank you." I smile taking a seat around the island and she puts a plate that consist of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs with a glass of orange juice.

"This looks so good, thank you." I say putting a piece of bacon in my mouth.

"Anytime honey." She smiles grabbing a plate for herself.

"So how's life in the city treating you." She asks breaking the comfortable silence.

"It's been great, exactly what I wanted to be doing right now." I say honestly

"That's good. I am very proud of you for following your dreams." She says sending me a smile.

"How's James doing?" I smirk

"I knew you were going to ask." She laughs

"I have to, I mean your love life is going better than mine anyways." 

"He's good. I don't really want to rush into anything especially since I haven't mentioned it to August or any of my kids." She says quietly

"I'm sure they'll be glad to see you happy but I don't know about August. I know he wants you happy but you being with another man may trigger him." I say taking a sip of my juice.

"Don't remind me, August kept from dating all these years honestly. I didn't want him freaking out so I just stayed to myself." She smiles sadly

August can be so selfish sometimes.

"He's a grown man and he needs to realize that your world doesn't always revolve around him and you should be able to date anyone you want. Your happiness matters too." 

"I know that but I guess I'll tell him when the time's right." She says and I nodded taking out plates putting them in the sink.