Chapter Five.

~~~Sean's POV~~~

I had done it.

.....

Well, almost.

I got into the palace, check. I got into the dance, check. Find the Prince... Not check.

"Okay, keep calm. He has to be here somewhere. Just... wait."

I took a shaky breath, trying to calm myself. He'd have to be here somewhere. I quickly scanned the ballroom for him, but no sign.

I started to wander round the edge of the dancing, keeping an eye out for his raven hair or his chocolate eyes. Multiple people had offered to dance with me, and each time I declined.

It was insane. There was no way he'd want to dance with me. He's a Prince for Christ's sake. He would have found himself some pretty girl to dance with, and he'll stay with her for the rest of the night and the-...

BAM.

There he was.
Standing at the edge of the dancing.
A person by his side, talking at him.
And he didn't look like he was paying the slightest bit of attention.

I took another breath. Now was not a good time to have a fangirl fit.

I waited until the other person moved away. It would have been rude to interrupt. After about five minutes they did move and the prince looked somewhat relieved.

Now was my chance. I closed my eyes and took one last shaky breath. I walked forward.
"This is insane."
I arrived in front if him.
"He won't want to dance with you."
I stretched out my hand.
"Last warning."

"May I have this dance?"

He looked surprised, certainly. He looked me up and down, scowling slightly. I swallowed, trying to steady my breathing.

"Excuse me?"

Oh God.

"May I have this dance?"

I felt my cheeks start heating, and my hand started trembling slightly. This whole thing was stupid. I should have thought before I came here.

"You may."

I... What?

The Prince had taken my hand and started leading me around the dancefloor. I was numb. This couldn't be happening. I could feel my cheeks were aflame now.

Get a grip McLoughlin! This is what you wanted, wasn't it?

I quickly got my hands into the correct positions, one on his waist and one on his shoulder. He was only about an inch taller than me so I had to glance up at him. Oh God, his eyes. They were even more beautiful up close, the sparkle, the deep chocolate...
Shit.
He was laughing softly, looking down at me. I felt my cheeks were aflame.

"You really weren't expecting this, were you?"

I shook my head slightly, looking down and grinning.
"No, I really wasn't."

We casually talked for a few more minutes before he grabbed my hand and whispered in my ear.
"Come on, come with me."

He started pulling me around the edge of the dancing. I resisted a little at first, but I let him guide me through the crowds. I could tell he knew where he was going.