Chapter Six.

~~~Sean's POV~~~

"Look, Mark... I-I'm sorry. I didn't reali-"

"None of them do."

I sighed, glancing behind me at the doors. Probably the best option here would be to leave. I glanced back at Mark. He didn't seem like he would try to convince me to stay.

I was about to leave when he started muttering something to himself. I guess I should stay for this...

"...Never asked for any of this. I never wanted any of this. I swear if I had the choice I would've chosen any life other than this."

...

Oh. That was... Unexpected.

"But... Why?"

He whipped around to face me.

"Why do you think?! All these rumours, all the gossip. People hate me, Jack. All because I have to do what other people tell me. I just... I just want a normal life. None of this fancy stuff. I'm sick of it."

He sighed. "You wouldn't understand."

"...I do."

"No. No you don't. You don't know what its like to have people constantly talking about yo-"

"Yes, I do." I cut him off and took a deep breath.

"I... I'm not very popular in the village because... Because people think- well, know I'm gay."

I bit my lip hard.

'What do you think you're doing?! Don't admit to him you're gay! He's sure to hate you now!'

"W-well, not gay exactly. I'm bisexual. I like men and women. I'm not like that I swear."

He was looking at me with equal amounts of confusion, startled, and mild panic. He was silent, looking me up and down for a few minutes. I could feel my cheeks were aflame. All I could do was stare at my feet in fear. I think I was almost close to tears as well.

"You're... What?"

"...Bisexual."

"Right..."

'What the hell is he doing..?'

"Jack I... I think... I'm bi... Sexual?"

My head snapped up to look at him.

"You what?"

"I think I might be bisexual. From what you've described it sounds a lot like how I feel. Could you tell me a little more about it?"

"Oh... Well I realised I liked guys as well as girls from a kinda early age... 13, I think. Its um like how a straight guy is attracted to a girl and a gay guy is attracted to another guy at the same time, y'know? It's not like one half gay, one half straight either. Its like a mix of both."

All the way through this he was nodding and making 'mhm' sounds whilst I was talking.

"Why are you asking me this?"

He was the one that started blushing now. He bit his lip and sighed.

"Could we go inside for this? Its getting dark now and it'll soon start to get cold."

I nodded and let him lead the way. He took my hand again (which made my cheeks burn), and led me up flights of stairs, through halls and corridors until we stopped outside a set of oak doors. He opened them and then I realised.
This was his bedroom.

I swallowed. I was starting to get nervous now. I hadn't planned this far. What if someone noticed that Mark was missing? What if they found me with him? Would I get into trouble, or worse?

"Um... Should I really be in here?"

Mark had already sat down on the edge of his bed. He looked up at me and shrugged.

"We should be fine. If anyone finds you here I'll just explain to them what we're doing."

I bit my lip, glancing back at the doors. Most of the people in the village are awful about lgbt+ members, how would one of these posho's do if they caught me explaining bisexuality to the prince?

Mark gestured for me to sit down next to him. I glanced at the door, then back to him, then at the door one last time.

'Fuck it.'

I sat down next to him and he took a deep breath.

"Before I start, I need to know I can trust you, okay?"

I nodded, urging him to go on.

"Okay, so. A few years ago I started realising I was attracted to guys. I've never told anybody this, and I have no clue why I'm telling you this. Probably because you're the only person I've met that's told me they feel the same. I just... I felt so lost. I know how much people in this kingdom hate the idea of gay people so I've always kept it to myself. But now, you've come along and you feel the same. It sounds cheesy, but its almost like a miracle."

He looked over to me then, a small smile on his face. I was utterly speechless.

He chuckled a little.
"Sorry, I understand being called a miracle isn't really something you expect to hear everyday."

I blinked, trying to gather my words.
"No, no its fine. Don't apologise. Its just um... You've never found anyone that feels the same?"

"No, never."
He said shaking his head.

"Wow. Well then. Hello Prince Fischbach, my name is Jack McLoughlin and I'm the first bisexual you've ever met."

I held out my hand for him to shake.

He was killing himself laughing.

"Hello Jack McLoughlin, my name is Prince Mark Fischbach and I am a fellow bisexual."

We shook.

{AN}
Hey everyone! Sorry if this chapter was a little short, I just had the ideas ready and wanted to get then out. Also! We hit 1k reads! Thank you everyone who's added this to your reading lists or just read the first chapter. It means a lot.
Well, that's about it. See you in the next chapter!
~Robin

(Again, really sorry about the shortness of this one)