Chapter Seven.

~~~Marks POV~~~

Well.

That was unexpected.

This man, Jack, was like a blessing. He was the first person I had found that felt the same way I do. He was making me laugh for the first time in God knows how long. It was amazing.

"Well Jack, this is usually the point where I ask whoever's with me to leave, but I think I would like you to stay for a little longer."

His face lit up. He looked so excited.

"Really?"

"Well you're not unpleasant company. And something about you makes it so easy to talk to."

I could still hear noises and music coming from the ballroom.

Shit.

I'd have to excuse myself or else my advisories will start searching for me soon.

I bit my lip, thinking.

"What is it?" Jack asked, looking a little concerned.

"Fuck... Okay, I need to go downstairs to the ballroom and excuse myself before someone starts looking for me. I need you to stay here and keep as quiet as possible, and when I leave I'll lock the doors. Do you understand?"

He nodded.
"I understand."

"Okay, good."

I stood up and walked over to the doors to open them. I glanced back at Jack and smiled a little. Damn he looked cute...

I quickly left the room and locked the doors after me. I could feel my cheeks heating slightly.

'Dammit Fischbach, keep it together man.'

Right...

~~~Seans POV~~~

Fuck. The prince is... He's amazing.

The way he laughs, the way his eyes sparkle when he does, the little smile he does, the feel of his hands... Shit.

But how do I know he likes me back? He said he wanted me to stay for longer, but that could mean anything. Yes, I had explained what bisexuality is to him, but that doesn't mean I'm the reason he realises he is bi.

I was currently sat on his bed, trying to keep an eye on the doors at all times. Every now and then I'd here someone walk past the door and my heart would skip a beat.

'Just cool it, Sean. You'll be fine... Everything will be fine...'

I swallowed and tried to steady my breathing. I couldn't help being nervous. Its not like this happens every day, does it.

'Dammit Mark, what's taking you so long?'

It shouldn't take that long to find someone to say you'll be leaving for the rest of the evening, should it? When I got here I there was tons of important looking people all in basically the same uniforms. Couldn't he just say to one of them?

I closed my eyes and tried to calm down by focusing on what I could hear and what I could smell. I could hear noises from the party. People talking, laughing, etcetera. Not helpful.

I focused on what I could smell. Again, things from the party at first, but as I concentrated harder I could smell laundry, bedsheets, and something oddly comforting. I opened my eyes. There was nothing comforting about this room. It was so... Bare. It didn't feel like somewhere people actually lived. Like a show room you'd see in a store or something. Everything thing placed so neatly and tidily. It made any other bedroom (including my own) look like a tip. Then again, this is a palace.

I stood up and started looking around. There must be something here a normal person would have. Pictures, childhood trinkets, anything.

There was nothing on his dresser, nothing on top of his drawers, nothing on the walls. All bare.

I sighed and sat back down on the bed. It would've been rude to have looked inside his drawers and besides, it's not that important.

I loosened my tie and rubbed my neck. I was starting to get warmer as the minutes ticked by.

'Come ON Mark, why are you taking so long?'

I undid the first button of my shirt and scratched the back of my head and sighed again. The wait was getting excruciating.

Then, a few minutes later I heard a noise outside the door and froze. Someone was trying to open the door.

'Shit. Shitshitshit.'

My heart started beating faster and i swallowed shakily.

They were struggling with the door. It sounded like they couldn't get it unlocked.

A minute later I heard them whispering through the door. It was muffled so I moved closer and pressed my ear against the wood.

"... In there? I can't get the damn door unlocked..."

I let out a sigh of relief.

It was Mark.

"Yes, I'm still here. What too-" I said before I was shushed.

"Whisper, please. Someone might hear you." He hissed, trying the door handle again. "Can you open it from your side?" He asked.

"I can try..." I said quieter this time. I turned the lock. "Okay, try now." I whispered and stepped away from the door.

He opened it and I smiled at him. He was blushing ever so slightly and closed the door behind him.

"I must have lost the key somewhere, I'm sorry." He said bashfully.

I shook my head and smiled softly. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

'Y'know, it's not like you were freaking out about him not coming back or anything.'

He went over too his wardrobe and shrugged off his suit jacket, hanging it up. "Probably the least comfortable suit I've ever worn but what can you do..." He muttered to himself and pulled his tie off before going over to the bed and sitting down on the edge. He looked over at me with a little smile, inviting me to join him. I smiled back and sat down next to him. I could feel my cheeks heating a little and my stomach knotting slightly.

'Dammit Sean! Why are you getting nervous now? What is there to be nervous of?'

I looked down and tried to steady my breathing through my nose. I was waiting for Mark to say something, anything.

After a few minutes of painfully awkward silence he spoke up softly.

"So, Jack... Why don't you tell me about yourself?"

{A/N}

Hi everyone! Long time no writing eh? I'm so sorry that this chapter is so late but I've had horrible writers block and my creativities been at a low so I hope this makes up for it. I will try my best to have the next chapter out quickly but you've heard that one before so I can't make any promises.

Until next time,

~Robin.