Ch. 1

"We should be leaving, Your Highness." Alec bowed to the Seelie Queen. "C'mon Clary, Jace and Izzy should be back at the Institute by now."The Queen laughed. 

"Not so fast, Nephilim. Love-the most powerful force in the world-can cause chaos when in turmoil. "

Alec frowned and grabbed Clary's arm, pulling her towards the door but The Queen snapped her fingers and it closed. He spun on her. "Let us go. Keeping us here is  violating the Accords."

"I will not keep you in the faerie realm, and I am sure you will not report anything I do here today." Clary cocked her head, still blocked by Alec. "What do you mean?"

"As you know, Clarissa Fairchild, Alexander prefers the company of men, which no one in the Clave can know, lest he be disowned and banished."

Clary grabbed Alec's shoulder when he stiffened, warning him against anything rash. "Are you blackmailing us?"             

"Of course not. Blackmail is so dirty, and people often get caught up into the lies. I was simply stating a fact. You, Clarissa, are in love with his parabatai, Jace Wayland. Now, this is what I'm going to do. I am going to place a small enchantment on you so that you will fall madly in love with Alec."

A growl emitted from Alec's throat. "You-"               

"Wait, Alexander. I am not yet finished. You will be powerless to tell the Clave of what has transpired here today, and you will not be able to refuse her romantic advances. If you adamantly do so, I will have one of my knights carry the truth of your romantic preferences to the Clave." 

Alec grabbed his Seraph blade and pointed the tip towards the Seelie Queen. "You will not cast a spell on us." He backed up, pushing Clary towards the door. "Use your stele. Open the door." He whispered.             

 Clary snatched her stele from the pocket she had, but suddenly she froze, despite telling her muscles to move, she was immobile, and so was Alec.          

The Queen raised her arms and called out, her voice echoing through out the hall. "Ego enim dabo vobis de maledicto amor flammis!"                                                                              

Their vision went black.