Ch. 3

Around midnight Clary pried herself of Alec, a small pout pursing her lips.
"See you tomorrow morning." She whispered close to his ear.
As soon as she was gone, he jumped up and sprinted out of the Institute.

The New York night was frigid, but Alec was oblivious to the chill. The fire pumping through his veins fueled him in the night. He ran all the way into the park, stopping at the edge of the lake, searching for the entrance to the Seelie realm. He tugged a coin from his pocket and tossed it in, wading deep into the lake. Water soaked his clothes, bringing upon him a new kind of cold, but he ignored it.

"For the Seelie Queen." He hissed. The whirlpool swelled, twisting around his legs. With a vacuum sensation he was pulled under.

With a sputtering gasp, the soggy Nephilim sucked in air. He had landed in the receiving area for the Queen's court. The last time he was here, Clary was with him. He shuddered at the thought.

Alec Lightwood. The Queen's voice rang through the antechamber.

He stood and pushed himself through the curtains into the throne room.

"Your Majesty." He spat.

The Seelie lounged on her throne, her legs draped over the armrest. She wore a silk kimono-style robe, barley covering her breasts. Around her shining hair was a circlet of silver leaves adorned with crystals.

A smile tugged at her berry lips. "Tell me, Alexander. What has upset you so?"

"Take the curse off."

"No." Her emeraled gold eyes glinted in the soft strange light.

"If Jace-"

Her laughter echoed, bouncing off the walls. "Mr. Lightwood, you are the most entertaining specimen. Still you hide behind your parabatai. Tell me the truth, Alexander. You aren't afraid the Jace loves Clary, you are afraid what will happen when your Warlock finds out. You are disgusted by your own sexuality, and you set up defenses around yourself to ignore the pain."

Rage seared through him and he reached for his Seraph blade, when he realized he had left it at the Institute. "Remove the curse!" He demanded.

"Guards? Escort this rude visitor out." Her voice wasn't even raised, but two Seelie Knights stormed in and grabbed his forearms.

"No! You have to remove it!"

"I don't have to do anything. I could kill you now if I wanted, but I don't."

He pulled against the Seelie Knights, but they pulled him backwards towards the entrance.

"I will keep in touch with you." She smiled as they shoved him against the trunk of an ancient tree. The bark turned to liquid and he was wrapped into the wood. "Begone."

................................................

Alec broke the surface of the lake and gasped for breath.

"Son of a bitch." He retched pond water onto the bank.

With a growl of frustration, he pulled himself out of the water, his wet clothes dragging him down. His hands were red and shaking due to the cold temperature. His breath created a small cloud of fog in front of him as he trudged out of the park.

Reluctantly he shed his jacket, losing the extra weight. It was a long walk back to the Institute, and he had no idea what time it was. Time in the Seelie court was fluid, meaning he could have spent a few minutes down there, and a few hours would have passed back in New York.

Looking up at a clock tower that was slightly illuminated by the crescent moon, he read the roman numerals. It was just after three. His strength Mark had worn off during his run to the park, so his progress was slow. He considered hailing a mundane taxi, but he was completely out of money. Weaponless, he walked the streets. As he passed Takis, he looked inside, but the Downworld restaurant was closed tight.

With a sigh he continued.

Suddenly a crash made him spin, his hands ready for combat. Peering into the dark alley, he couldn't distinguish anything.

It doesn't have any light with it.

Defenseless.

Easy prey.

Whispers slipped down the brick walls. Demons.

"Stand down. I am a Nephilim, descendant of the Angel. Come any closer and I will have no choice but to destroy you!" He bluffed.

-------------

AN: Thank you for reading! Please comment any theories, ideas, mistakes I made, etc. I love hearing feedback!

Thanks, 

Madison