Chapter 6

He woke up slowly, his heart pounding. His sheets were damp with sweat, and he breathed heavily. He had a nightmare last night but...

he couldn't remember.

"Good morning Alec." Isabelle hustled in, supporting a tray on her hip. "I-"

"Is that food?" He sat up hungrily, a growl emanating from his belly.

She placed the tray next to him on the table, and he reached for the warm rolls.

"Yes, I thought that'd I'd make you food."

He pulled his hand back quickly in alarm. "You... made this?"

She smirked. "Not really. Mom did, it's safe to eat. I've learned by now you would never eat anything of mine."

He turned back to the food and dug in, consuming ravenously.

As he ate, Isabelle walked around to other side of the bed, her black tank top swinging of her back. "Let me see your shoulder." Alec nodded as he forced a pancake down his throat.

"Feelf gyt." He mumbled.

"Okay. If it 'feels alright', then the infection should be gone." She gingerly unwrapped his arm and examined the red mark. "You're right, it looks much better. You can probably leave the infirmary today."

He swallowed. "Thank God. This feels like a mortuary." He gestured at the white walls, the color of grief. "I need to go to the library."

"Alright." She shrugged. "While you're there, tell Church that my fuzzy blanket is NOT a scratching post."

Alex swung his legs over the side of the bed. "Why don't you tell him?"

"He hates me."

"Well...yeah."

The long halls of The Institute echoed with emptiness. They were supposed to be large, and full of people, but ever  since the Academy was destroyed, there was a dangerous lack of Shadowhunters in the world. The library itself seemed untouched by time, the old pages of books never changing.

Alec stood on a wobbling chair, reaching towards the highest shelf in the library. "No..." he muttered to himself, scanning the titles of the volumes. He blew the dust of their spines.

He was looking for something... there it was. He grabbed a thick book, Journeys to the Seelie Court, and dropped back into his chair. The pages were dry and yellowed, but the writing was still legible. Thumbing to the index, he flipped to the section focusing on the Seelie Queen.

The Seelie Queen is the most mysterious and powerful force of the Downworld. The Spiral Labyrinth has had people studying her for years; It's my turn to find out what makes her special. Two days ago I entered the Seelie Court through a small lake. I arrived promptly in her throne room and was received immediately. As soon as I entered, she explained that she knew of my arrival and what I intended to ask her. Because of this, I assume she has strong phsckic-

"Alec?"

He looked up from the book as Clary strolled into the library.

"Oh-hi-Clary?"

She smiled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you. What are you looking at?"

He shut the book, releasing a puff of dust. "It's nothing."

She arched her eyebrow, sliding into one of the big reading chairs. "Sit next to me." She ordered. 

Hesitantly, he obeyed. "Can I help you with something?" He could feel her piercing gaze on him, her green eyes sparkling. 

"Alec, I know you feel it too- I can't ignore my feelings for you anymore."

He choked. "Um-Clary, aren't you moving a little too fast-"

Suddenly she had her hands twisting in his collar, pulling him in for a kiss. Sensation exploded between them, she smelled like strawberry and charcoal pencils. His shoulders relaxed and he felt himself drawn into her.

"Clary..." He whispered between them.

"Shhh..." She dug her fingers into his hair and they connected again, breathless.

"You son of a bitch!" They broke apart quickly and Alec turned in time to see Jace lunging at him. 

AN: Yes, I finally updated. Yes, it is really short. I just thought that was a good place to stop. I am so thankful for all of the attention this story has been getting- thank you!

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 20, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Queen's Curse- Alec Lightwood and Clary Fairchildजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें