First Meeting- Work

I sighed to myself as I kneeled down to clean up a drink some kid had dropped all over the floor. "Make sure you mop that up" my boss commented as she walked past me. I rolled my eyes and continued. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw my long time work crush, Kendall Jenner, coming towards me. She was.. Perfect. In every way. Honestly she could probably be a model if she wanted.

She shot me a kind smile as she walked over to me. "Need help?" she giggled bending down and beginning to help me clean up. I nodded like an idiot unable to comprehend any sort of sentence in her presence. "Kendall, I need you and your pretty face to be at the front to greet customers as they walk in. Leave Y/N to clean the mess" my boss instructed. Ugh what a bitch. "I'm sorry, next time a kid spills something, I promise the cleaning is on me- no matter what the boss says" Kendall whispered as she reluctantly stood up and went to the front of the shop where our boss was waiting.

I sighed and watched as she walked away, swaying her hips, what a perfect specimen. If only I had enough confidence to ask her out. I continued staring at her smile at customers when I heard someone clear their throat. "Uhmm- I asked you a question" a voice from behind me husked. I turned to be met with a pair of intense emerald eyes staring right at me. I eyed her up and down coming to the conclusion that she was a couple years older than me.

"Sorry I-" I started mumbling. "It's okay, I saw you staring at the girl, I get it" she shrugged. "I- uh, she's.." yeah I wasn't great at speaking. "You have a crush on her don't you?" the dark haired girl smirked. I rolled my eyes at this girl's ability to read me. "Maybe" I muttered. "Anyway, I was hoping you'd show me where the birthday cards are" she said. "Isle 5" I answered casually, resuming my work. "You're not going to show me?" She raised an eyebrow. "You didn't ask" I commented. "Yes I did. But you were too busy thinking about that girl" she smirked. "Was not" I muttered, standing up and walking to isle 5. "Was too" she chimed, following me.

"I'm Lauren by the way" she added scanning through the cards while I stood there awkwardly not knowing whether to leave now. "Uhh, was there anything else you needed help with?" I asked trying to hide my impatience. I wanted to go back to my spot so I could stare at Kendall till my shift was over. "You're not going to tell me your name?" she remarked turning to look at me with those piercing eyes. "Y-Y/N" I stuttered snapping back to reality as I got lost in her eyes. Woah. This was the first time I bothered to properly look at her, she was gorgeous.

"Was there anything else you needed help with?" I restated, clearing my throat. "I'm buying a card for my friend, which one do you think I should buy?" she asked, absentmindedly picking up card that said 'Happy birthday Grandpa' and showing it to me. "Um, that's for a grandparent" I chuckled. Her eyes widened as she turned the card around to see. Her cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Oh.. Of course. My grandpa, that's what I meant" she cleared her throat, shrugging it off and regaining her confident stance. I narrowed my eyes. I had seen this girl somewhere. Those eyes and dark raven locks looked familiar.

Suddenly, the song changed on the work radio to some crappy song with a trumpet intro. 'Give it to me I'm worth it' a sugar coated voice came through the speakers. I rolled my eyes. "Excuse me, I'll be back" I muttered, going to change the music to something more decent. I changed the stupid 'Fifth Harmony' cd that one of my coworkers had brought in, to the Lana Del Rey one that I had brought. I pressed play as her song 'Freak' started playing through the speakers. I returned to.. Lizzie. No wait. Lauren? Was that her name?

"Sorry, shitty song, I had to change it" I shrugged as I approached her. She let out a stifled laugh, seemingly amused. "It's cool, you have great music taste" her eyes sparkled. "Yo! Why'd the song change?!" A loud voice boomed from the isle next to us. "Let it go Dinah, this music is better anyway" Lauren called out. "Oh hell naw! I was bout to burst out into our choreography and-" the voice stopped when she came into our isle. I saw a tall, athletic girl with curly blonde hair send Lauren a smirk.

"Oh, so this was the girl who you said was cute" the Polynesian grinned sending Lauren a wink. Suddenly it was my turn to blush. "Dinah! What the fuck!" Lauren groaned. "Um.. Do you still need help with finding your grandpa a card?" I asked quietly. "Uh yeah actually-" Lauren started but Dinah interrupted her. "Grandpa? Girl your Grandpa's birthday isn't till 8 months?!" Dinah snorted slinging her arm around Lauren's shoulder. Lauren and I were both blushing just as much as each other by this point. "Do you know what Dinah, I'm fine with Y/N helping me, go back to your shopping" Lauren growled the last part, sending death glares to the girl. "Whatever, ya'll have fun" Dinah grinned leaving the isle.

"Sorry she's a bit-" Lauren started but I cut her off. "Don't mention it" I chuckled. "I think I know you from somewhere" I blurted out. "Fifth harmony" she said quickly. "Oh shit, was that your song I just trashed in front of you?" I chuckled nervously. She nodded, giggling. "I'm sorry.. I'm sure you guys are great and..-" I started rambling on but she shook her head. "It's okay.. But maybe you can make it up to me" she said, a smirk playing on her lips. "How?" I asked confused. "Go on a date with me, that's the only way I can forgive you" she said slyly. "Well that's an interesting proposition" I raised an eyebrow at the insanely hot girl in front of me who had just asked me out. "Is that a yes?" she bit her lip. Why not. Fuck it right? "Yes" I nodded and a big smile appeared on her lips. "Let me get your number" I said pulling out my phone and so did she. Damn my boss would kill me if she knew I was picking up girls during work😂

Wow okay 1123 words! That was more than I thought I was going to write. Anyway, hope you enjoyed that :) have a great day xx