Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"BABE!" Shawn wave at me full of energy. I just smile at him when he walk towards me. We're at the airport and he is picking me up. I just have a week long vacation in Paris that I wish I could extend but sadly the school will start in less than a week so I have no other choice but to be back in reality.

On the brighter side, at least I get to see my boyfriend now. He's not able join me in my short vacation because he's busy with their family business, plus he has commitments with his band. But for the first time in my life, my heart is not thumping crazily when I saw him waiting for me. I don't know why I'm not excited to see him. I found myself still wishing that my summer will be extended, that I'm still in Paris enjoying the scenery and a company of a certain mysterious--- My thoughts was cut off when I came face to face with my boyfriend who's practically beaming at me.

"Hi," I said smiling shyly and internally cursing myself for drifting off in front of Shawn.

"How's your summer?" He snake his arms around my waist and pull me closer. He lean in and kiss me in the lips so I just closed my eyes. I always enjoy kissing him so I expect the million butterflies that always swarm my insides whenever his lips touches mine. But there's no butterflies. There's no fireworks. No sparks. Suddenly, I saw images of green eyes in the back of my head so I step back and pull out of his embrace. "Camila? Babe? What's wrong?" He ask worriedly. He's such a sweet guy, one of the things I like about him.

"I'm just tired," I said and massage my temple for effect. Well, it's not entirely a lie because I really am tired but I know that's not the sole reason why I pull out. The memory of my summer is killing me. "The trip is so long."

"Aww, my poor baby." He kiss me in the forehead in between of my two eyebrow. "Are you hungry? How about we eat first before I drive you home?"

"Are you seriously asking if I'm hungry? I'm just gone for one week and you don't know me already?" I joke at him while pouting.

"Okay, you're always hungry. How can I forget?" He chuckle and give me one quick kiss before hugging me tightly. "I miss you sooo much!"

"I can't breath!" I laugh at him. "And I...miss you too," I buried my face in his chest and let him hug me. After a moment we both pull out and head to his car.

He carry my luggage with one hand while his other hand is holding mine tightly. The whole car ride was quiet and I'm just leaning in the car window and staring at the road blankly, all I can see is cars. There's something wrong wth me, I have an idea why but I just can't accept it. I'm glad Shawn didn't ask me any question, he probably think it's just because of stress and hunger. He knows how I get when I'm hungry.

We ate in silence for a couple of minutes before he started asking me questions about my trip. I tried to sound excited while telling him all my adventures. It was actually fun, really fun, maybe a little bit too much fun. I get to visit my relatives and bond with my cousins, they tour me around the whole city.

"So, you enjoy your vacation so much that's why you decided to extended for two more days?" He ask while munching his food.

"Yep, that's totally an impulsive decision but I don't regret it," Camila said getting distracted with her banana's split. "This is sooo good, why did I only discover this now?" I said with my mouth full.

"Yeah, this muffin is also great, we should come back here next time," he watch me eat for a few seconds before smiling widely. "I'm glad you enjoy your stay there. I thought you're still mad that I didn't come with you."

I paused for a second. "I'm still kind of mad, though," I honestly said. If Shawn came with me maybe some things will not happened, and maybe I will not be confused right now, and also maybe my conscience is not eating me alive. But the worst part is, I didn't feel any regrets. If anything, I don't even want to come back, part of me just wanna stay there. This thought sucks! I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. I can't blame Shawn about things that I did.

"I'm really sorry," he hold my hand that is resting on the table. "I'll make it up to you. I promise."

I gave him a small smile, "It's okay, don't worry. I just wish that you were there."

"I promise next summer, we will go wherever you want," he bring my hand to his lips and kiss it.

I gave him a small smile while guilt is still eating me alive. We've been together for almost a year now and he's nothing but a good boyfriend. He never give me a reason to be mad at him. He's actually perfect. "I love you," I whisper, but I can't help but feel that the words lessen its meaning.

* * * * *
AN: this is my first fanfiction plus english is not my native language so just go easy on me guys. This is intended as short story obviously inspired by the song I know what you did last summer...

enjoy?