Chapter 6

LAUREN

THE WHOLE band congratulate and welcome me after the audition. I smile widely at them, I'm kind of excited to be in a band because I never been in one. I didn't pursue singing because it's just for fun to me but I want to try something new for a change. Also, it will keep me busy so I can start moving on. I wanted to laugh because I'm talking about moving on as if I just broke up from a year long relationship when in reality it's just a couple of days fling.

"I have to go guys, my grams are waiting for me, we have a date today," the guy with lip piercing, who's name is Luke, said. He zip his guitar in its case before waving goodbye to us.

"Well, in that case I have to go too," says Calum. "We don't have practice until next week so we're free right? I kinda have a date tomorrow."

Shawn rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

I just laugh at them, they seem cool and I can't wait to get to know them. I love meeting new people. I saw my friend Normani making her way towards our direction. I smile widely at the dark skinned girl. "Shawn, meet my best friend Normani," I introduce the two, Shawn looks like a cool guy. I wonder if he's single.

"Hi, nice to meet you I'm Shawn," he extend his hand.

"Hello, I'm Normani," my friend shake his hand.

"If you don't mind me asking are you...single?" I asked not even bothering to be subtle. I saw my friend widened her eye at me but I just laugh at her.

Shawn laugh, "You're both gorgeous but I do have a girlfriend and I can't wait for you guys to meet her. She's kinda shy so just go easy on her."

Yeah, how could I forgot. He did mention before that he have a girlfriend. I was kinda hoping I can set him up with my friend, they would make a cute couple. I look over him and saw his eyes twinkle when he's talking about his girlfriend. It looks like he really love his girlfriend. We talk to him for a while when I saw something or rather someone in the corner of my eyes. I squint my eyes and look carefully. I can't help a smile escape my lips when I recognize who it is.

There she is, the girl who constantly appear in my dreams almost every night. Wow. I must be lucky, I never thought I would ever see her again.

The brunette is talking to a tall girl while constantly looking around, my smile widened when I caught a glimpse of her beautiful face. I walk slowly, forgetting about Shawn and Normani.

"Camila," I called out but she didn't hear me, her friend did though and she looked at me with terrified expression on her face. I wonder why but I don't have time to think about that, right now all I can think about is finally meeting the brown eyed girl. "Camzi!" I almost yell.

She turn around me and her eyes widened in shock. I was about to walk towards her but Shawn walked pass me, actually he's running like an excited child. I stop dead on my track.

"Hi baby, where you been?" he kissed the frozen girl in the cheek. "Are you okay?" He ask when he notice her pale face.

"Uh, y-yeah," Camila stutter, her eyes are still trained on me.

"I have a good news," Shawn said excitedly, he wrap his arms around her waist. He lean in to kiss the tip of her nose and I almost flinch. "We finally found our vocalist!" He said excitedly.

"H-Huh?" Camila finally turn her attention to him, "T-that's good."

"I know right, wait I want you to meet her," he let go of Camila and turn his attention to us, I didn't notice Normani's already at my side. She place a supporting hand on my shoulder, as if reading my mind, because I'm just a second from passing out.