1 | Bad Boy & Dirt Bikes

Novel by worldgirlalways
Unofficial start: 16 August, 2015
Officially started: 20 February 2016
All rights reserved.

This story has been in my drafts since a year ago. It's my only story written in the present tense. I might as well have my take on what the society considers a "bad boy." Please don't be a prick and bash on my work. If you don't like it, read something else. It's a free website with all freedoms.

Love ya still <3

* * *

"The original bad boy always owns a bike."

1 | Bad Boy & Dirt Bikes

That moment when you ace a test you never bothered studying for is the best.

It always happens to my friends.

I look at the 85% mark on my test and turn the paper over. I pull an all nighter for this? I'm as pathetic as the grade I got.

I'll do better next time.

The school bell rings and everyone hurries downstairs for lunch, chattering and jogging. Of course, the faster we arrive at the cafeteria, the less time we spend waiting in the never-ending lunch lines. I trot next to my close friends, Ben and Isa, who seem to be engaged in a conversation about racing.

"Val, have you ever watched a dirt biking race?" Ben asks.

"Not unless it's another name for Mario Kart," I respond.

"Way off," Isa chuckles.

Ben rolls his eyes as we fall into the lunch line. "I'm going to participate in one of those races and you're both invited."

"Have you lost it?" Isa asks in disbelief.

Her surprise matches mine as we stare at the shy and sweet Ben, who hardly participates in school sports, let alone dirt biking. Don't get me wrong, he's one of those computer geek types, not a dirt biker. As a matter of fact, the only racing he has done is probably in GTA.

"My life my decisions," he shrugs. "I've always wanted to try it." Ben's determination when he wants to do something could never be moved. Realizing he won't back out of his decision, we go with it. "Bring Danie along with you."

Now, Isa and I share knowing smirks.

Danie is the fourth person in our friend group. Because of an earth science field trip, she's not with us. Normally, Ben and she will be arguing about the most ridiculous things like whether the chicken came first or the egg. Everyone is aware of the fact that Ben only wants her attention. Even if it results in pointless debates and discussions.

If only Danie paid him more attention.

But she never does and we all feel for Ben.

As we stand giving him smug looks, Ben ruffles his dirty blonde hair, nervously. His acorn brown eyes twinkle and a small smile set on his lips. He isn't even bothering to hide his motive.

"We'll make sure you start your love story." I wink.

"Only because we have none," Isa adds in a sad tone, tucking her dark curls behind her ears.

It's true that she and I have never met a guy we wanted to jump into a relationship with during our high school years. Actually, one time I fell in love, however, when my crush ran away and I didn't get to inform him about my feelings, I felt crushes to be useless. In terms of my love life, I have my friends and family--nothing else matters.