19 | She Punched Me, I Punched Her

"The original bad boy . . . isn't a gentleman."

19| She Punched Me, I Punched Her

The moment I said Lionell's name, I knew.

I screwed up big time.

What kind of an idiot goes up to the murderer and says 'hey, I witnessed you kill your poor friend because he fell in love?'

Oh yeah, I'm that idiot.

Since childhood, I have been the type of kid who couldn't keep a secret to save my life. For instance, I ended up asking Leo about Skylar. Of course, I  did well hiding my mom's birthday surprise. The only reason she didn't find out was because we never saw each other. She was busy at the restaurant all day with dad or I was too busy decorating our new dinner.

Anyways, coming back to the terrible situation I shoved myself into, I think I should move to another planet.

Isn't NASA planning on sending astronauts to Mars?

Maybe I could hop on the--

"Sean, let go." Leo, Arsen's worst friend, tugs on Sean's hands, which maintain a tight grip on Ben's throat. They can't be serious! Did they plan on sending Sean after me? Since I knew their little secret, they were probably planning to send me to Lionell.

I swear I'll haunt them if they kill me.

Gulping hard, I sneak a glance at Arsen, who busily munches on his fries. I don't suppose he wishes to participate in the matter at hand. I'm not sure if he remembers me. He better. Maybe he doesn't care. To be honest, I don't know what's up with him.

Has the amnesia not gone away, yet?

Trust me, if it hasn't, no one can save me from the ruthless rebels.

After Arsen's countless warnings, I still managed to dig my own grave.

Leo pries Sean off Ben, earning a series of curses from the boys ready to fight. Once there's distance between Ben and Sean, the girls and I sigh in relief. No one's dying, today. Ben swallows hard and fixes his collar. By now, one of the janitors has brought the vice principal.

"Everything alright?" Mr. Donovan asks.

"Of course." Ben forces out a smile.

"Good. Get back to your seats," the vice principal says with a smile. We know he's avoiding the start of a war, but he doesn't know who he's dealing with.

Isa, Danie, and I step away from all the guys.

Leo and his friends glare at me, confirming my days on earth was coming to an end.

"Dang it, Sean didn't break his legs," Isa mutters, breaking me out of my thoughts. Danie and I blink at her in disbelief. "I mean, I'm thankful Ben's alright. I didn't wanna help clean any blood--" She stops abruptly as Ben joins our squad.

"What a loser. Unlike me, that guy needed backup," Ben huffs. Unluckily, behind my friend's back, Sean's approaching us with a grumpy expression. Ben lets out an exaggerated sigh, not knowing what's coming for him. Before we can warn him to shut up, he continued, "He's lucky I don't hit girls or otherwise . . ."

And I thought I was the stupid one.

Isa, Val, and I flinch as Sean stops in his tracks.

Ben must have a death wish because you don't say those words to a guy triple your size. A guy who can squish you like a lemon with his bare hands and make lemon soufflé out of you.

"Ten bucks on a broken nose," Isa says quickly.

"Twenty on bruised eyes," I mumble.

"What are you two talking about?" Ben asks, furrowing his eyebrows.