The Accident

Draco

If only Sev was still here, the potions would have some difficulty to them. Honestly, this new professor is awful. Draco mused to himself while brewing the simple healing potion for the infirmary. Next to him sat one Harry Potter, whom was currently dicing tail of salamander.

"Alright, Potter. Add in the next ingredients, I need to focus on creating the runes." Draco commanded as he pulled his wand out, and starting drawing symbols in the air.

Harry rolled his eyes and did as he was told, but quickly added, "You're not the boss of me, Malfoy." The potion started bubbling and turned a bright blue color before fading and returning to the almost proper color. Draco continued his rune writing above the cauldron, and Harry returned to preparing the ingredients.

As Draco finished with the runes, he slowly opened his eyes, seeing the bubbling cauldron beneath his face. This potion shouldn't be reacting like this yet, or be that shade of red. It should be a light magenta... What has Potter done? Before Draco could voice his question, the potion exploded in his face, sending him and Harry flying backwards into the wall behind them.

"Dammit Potter! Get whatever body part of yours off my eyes! I would really enjoy seeing!" Draco yelled while trying to recover from the blast.

"Malfoy, I'm a good meter away from you. There is no way I'm touching you." Harry responded, shocking Draco into silence as he thought.

It was several minutes before Draco turned to face the general direction of Harry. "Potter, are my eyes open right now?" Draco asked in a cool voice. I'll kill him if I've been blinded because of his idiocy and inability to do simple tasks!

"Ummm... I don't think you want me to answer tha-"

"Don't think for me, Potter!" Draco spat, "I just want a simple answer! Are my eyes open‽"

Harry took a moment before responding with a nervousness in his voice, "Yes, Malfoy. You're eyes- they're open."

Draco sighed heavily, before promptly fainting as he processed that he truly was blind. His last thoughts before unconsciousness stole him was, I'll kill Potter. He thought the Dark Lord was bad, he has yet to experience my anger...