Draco's Future

Draco

Draco felt Harry shift away from him as headmistress McGonagall told him to take a seat. He awaited patiently for either McGonagall or Madame Pomfrey to talk about what was to become of him, he didn't have to wait long.

"The current situation on Mr. Malfoy is unknown as all the scans I've run can tell me is that he is blind." Pomfrey stated with concern.

"Even if you don't know the exact potion, isn't there any way to work on reversing this?" Draco stated with little panic in his voice as he felt desperation start to set in. "I mean, the potion we were brewing was fairly easy but there was nothing that should have implemented that reaction. I know I did the runes correctly, so either someone sabotaged Potter and I's potion or Potter did something wrong."

"Hey! I followed the instructions as they were written in the book!" Harry protested.

"The book? Potter are you so infuriatingly stupid that you can't listen to the simple instructions of our professor‽ Because he clearly said to rewrite the instructions with his notes from the board because of several flaws in the book." Draco huffed. This is unbelievable! Potter is such an idiot, I can't believe he's made it this far in life... Must be his pretty face...

"What flaws were listed in the book, Mr. Malfoy? I am aware that Severus had started your potions master training before his death." Headmistress McGonagall asked.

"Several flaws, most were because of the ingredients needed were often too dangerous to acquire, so the potion we were supposed to brew was a simpler and less effective potion." Draco stated, remembering what his godfather had taught to him before his death. "It's no wonder that the violent reaction happened as many of the ingredients in the text book were a mixture of misprints and idiocy."

"I shall look into having that potions textbook fixed or deleted. In the mean time we must figure out whom is going to care for you and help with your class work." McGonagall stated, as she wrote down what Draco had told her. All Draco could hear was the sound of the quill scribbling along the parchment and his own stuttering breath as his anxiety set in.

"You will be gaining private rooms until this issue is resolved. Mr. Potter will be in charge of insuring you understand and stay caught up in your classes, however, as your schedules have a few different classes I will enlist the help Mr. Zabini to also help for said classes. Mr. Potter will also be in charge of leading you around the school should you need to. Mr. Potter, this does include trips to Hogsmeade and the Great Hall." McGonagall explained the duties and started to leave when she added an afterthought. "Mr. Potter, you will also be living in the separate dorms with Mr. Malfoy to guarantee that he will always have a guide. House elves are packing your things now, your rooms should be ready after dinner tonight, and I do not wish to see you there without Mr. Malfoy, Potter."

"Yes, Headmistress..." Harry said, sounding like a kicked puppy.

With that said, McGonagall left and Madame Pomfrey began to run a few more scan on Draco. I suppose it could be worse, at least Blaise will be forced to keep me company as well, and Potter can't say anything about it. Still, this ought to be interesting... who would've thought I'd be living with the Golden Boy, and with him as my care taker.