The Morning After

Draco

Why can't I see him? I was able to see him last night... I could see every detail in those beautiful, emerald eyes! This doesn't make any sense! Draco felt a light pressure on his shoulder and immediately reached a hand out to feel Harry's. As their hands connected Draco though he could see the blurry outline of Harry, however it was gone in the blink of an eye as Harry retracted his hand from Draco's; deciding to hug Draco instead of a comforting hand.

Draco allowed Harry to hold him as silent tears slowly fell from his eyes. I could see him! I could... The two boys sat in a comfortable silence, Draco wrapped comfortably in Harry's embrace. It wasn't until some time had passed that Draco had enough of the foreign contact and gently pulled away.

"Are you okay, Dr- Malfoy?" Harry asked, watching as Draco slid away silently.

"I'm fine now, Harry." Draco paused, flashbacks of their shared dream coming to mind. "And just call me Draco from now on, I imagine that last night won't be the last time."

"What do you mean, it 'won't be the last time'?" Harry questioned, subconsciously grabbing Draco's hand.

Draco took in a sharp breath as Harry's blurred shadow appeared, "Because every time our hands touch I can see to an extent..." Draco's chose his words carefully, "It's not much but I can see you, but shadowed..."

"Are you serious?" Draco felt Harry's grip on his hand tighten, I bet his face is stupidly hopeful, and his lovely eyes are lit brilliantly...

"Yes, but it's not enough to be capable of doing much, and only when our hands touch. Now, I desperately want a shower so lead the way Harry. Maybe I'll consider you letting you join me." Draco winked in Harry's general direction as he squeezed his hand back.

~Time Skip~

Draco was allowing Harry to lead him out of the bathroom to his room when he saw it. What a strange oddity... Though it is quite the most atrocious color of red that I have ever seen. Draco felt Harry stop in front of him, seeming to be facing the light.

"I'm so sorry Harry! I didn't realize you'd be taking a shower at this time in the morning!" Draco immediately recognized the voice emanating from the light as Granger.

"It's fine, 'Mione. Just go sit in our 'common room' while Draco and I both get dressed." Draco said nothing as Harry led them away from the Gryffindor that had intruded upon their rooms.

Draco was sitting on his bed, fully dressed, waiting for Harry to finish dressing and bring him to their common room. Eventually, Harry retrieved Draco and the pair walked into their common room to find Blaise Zabini had joined Hermione. Again, Draco noticed an oddly dull light near the one he associated with Hermione, this one a deep royal purple.

"Hello Zabini." Harry greeted pleasantly as he led Draco to sit on the couch next to his best friend, whom had stood to help aid Draco in successfully sitting on the couch. Draco gasped and quickly reached back for Harry's hand as soon as Harry had let go, the two dull lights in the room now suddenly brighter than before.

Draco felt Harry grab his hand, and the lights dulled immediately. Harry was now kneeling in front of Draco as he sat there in a state of mild shock. What in bloody Merlin just happened?

"Draco? Are you alright?" Harry questioned, repeating the gentle squeezing of Draco's hand.

It took Draco a moment to process everything, "I'm fine, I believe anyways. It's just an odd discovery we'll have to ask Madam Pomphrey about later. I'd just prefer to continue our contact from before as it makes the effects more bearable."

Hermione though for a moment before breaking the short period of silence, "Perhaps if you were able to describe your symptoms we could research and figure out how to fix- "

"No."

"Pardon me, Malfoy?" Hermione asked, sounding astounded.

"No, I won't tell you my 'symptoms' because its none of your business. That and why one earth would I tell you of all people." Draco sniffed, It's so tempting to call her a mud blood but there aren't nearly enough older Slytherins this year to handle an onslaught from the Gryffindorks if one of us were to upset Potter and Friends.

"Just because I'm a muggle born does not mean that I can't help you!" Hermione yelled, downright outraged at Draco's behavior. The only thing keeping Draco's anger down was the comforting presence of Harry near him and his best friend beside him.

"It's not just your blood status that I object to, you're also a Gryffindork and not someone who knows the Malfoy family well enough to be trusted with details of personal information. The only thing your blood status has to do with any of this, is that you don't understand the silent yet known rules of the pureblood families in the wizarding world. Now that we're done with assumptions I would like some breakfast." Draco finished his small speech with a snap of his fingers and a house elf popped himself into the room.

AN: I ca't believe this story has reached over 4K! So in honor of reaching 4K I will be hosting a contest and I will do a livestream of me writing one of the chapters to follow! So feel free to check in on my User Page for updates on the contest and the livestream! Enjoy!