1

jade lauren culver

i practically sprint to ethan when i see him in the hallway. i can tell he's pissed and i turn him around to face me. he was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a sweatshirt, he looked good.

"oh, don't analyze me like that jade."

he rolls his eyes, stuffing his bag into his locker. i frown, fiddling with the end of my shirt. i was wearing a pair of loose ripped pants, adidas all stars, a gray lace bralette, and an olive colored v-neck. he looks at the portion of bralette that shows against my collarbone and shakes his head.

"i just wanted to know why the fuck you sent that to me?"

"i know- i didn't mean to send it to you, ethan. you know that!"

"sure, but do you know how fucking aroused i've been because of that!"

i feel my face fill with heat. he basically just said he liked the picture and my lips don't move. i don't know what to say. sure, ethan was good looking but we'd been friends since 1st grade- we've bathed together, i guess i forced myself to see him as a friend and not have feelings.

but, fuck, they're starting to blossom back up again. he clenches his jaw, something i always was amazed by. his jaw was so sharp already that i found it rather funny when he tensed them.

"listen, ethan. you know i wasn't trying to do that. i just- i just sent it to you on accident."

he's quick to ask the next question i was afraid of. he's going to be even more mad when i answer. he never thought of me as the type of person to send nudes so of course he's going to be shocked, but this is unexplainable.

"who did you mean to send it to?"

i pick my acrylic nails while biting my lip. if i tell him he'll be pissed, if i don't he'll still pissed. i sigh, not wanting to say anything. i look up at him and he locks his locker before following me to mine. i stay silent and i can tell he's beginning to get frustrated. fuck, that was such a dumb idea.

i squat to get to my lower locker and pull my things out before standing up and facing him. i lean against my locker, holding my books to my chest. he folds his arms and looks me up and down, trying to check my body language. i huff, jeez why was it this hard?

"i sent it to this guy online, connor."

"are you serious?! jade!"

his blood boils and his jaw clenches. he's taking this way too seriously. we're not dating, we're just best friends. i fucking apologized, he needs to calm down. i frown, he looks at me with his eyes furrowed and knitted together.

"ethan, i said i was sorry. calm down!"

"jade, you're my best friend. i can't fucking calm down. you sent me a naked picture of you and expect me to have no reaction. well, what in the world? im sorry this isn't how you wanted me to react! i'll try and be more supportive when it comes to you sending nudes. is that good enough for you? jesus christ."

he storms away. his jaw stays clenched, some girls step away as he files through the group of kids in the hallway. i lean my head against my locker and breathe in sharply. some girls look back at me and i sigh again before heading to my homeroom class.

-------------------------