6

forty votes? guys thank you so mucchh

jade lauren culver

we haven't done anything yet, and im partially grateful. we're acting as if we didn't have the conversation which makes me wonder if i'm the only one interested and this is a more experimental thing for him.

i pull on a short olive colored shirt dress and a pair of white birks. i french braid my hair and wait on my lawn for ethan to pick me up. i have my headphones in and don't hear him pull up until i turn down the street.

he rolls down his window and i slide into his seat, taking out my headphones and pushing them into my backpack pocket.

"yo."

i look at him side eyes and laugh, rolling my eyes. i was exhausted and not wanting to talk at all. i push my head against the window and turn up his radio volume as 'jimmy choo' comes on.

i groan as ethan starts doing the hand motions to the song. he lets go of the wheels entirely and pats the horn lightly. i watch him intently as he does his own thing.

"aye, slim thick wit yo cute ass."

he points at me before bumping up his shoulders and turning onto the next road. he purposely took this road so that it took longer to get to school and so he could enjoy his song.

"i might buy you a new bag. AYE!"

he shrieks the last part and i flinch. he hits dem folks and puts his hands back onto the steering wheel. he had a wide smile on his face that made him look all giddy and cute. i chuckle before plugging my phone into the aux cord, turning off his music.

he gives me a death stare and i smile, showing my teeth.

"trust me, if you turn on some stupid white girl music!"

i roll my eyes searching through my soundcloud. i scroll through looking for the song until i finally do, smirking. i change the settings so that the bass in the car is all the way up and i play it.

it starts off slow and ethan grunts loudly before turning to me and giving me an unamused look. i put up my finger, indicating for him to wait a minute and he does.

i wait until my favorite part comes near the beat drop. ethan wasn't as amused with the song as i hoped he'd be so i change it to another. the bass makes the car shake and ethan smirks lightly, nodding his head with the beat.

"girl, if you don't get the fuck from me. i know you thought we had something special, but you don't mean nothing to me. girl i'm sorry you're not the one for me."

i begin rapping the whole song, my head nodding with the beat. i start dancing in the car seat and ethan bobs his head in an amused fashion. he likes this one, finally.

"what's this song called?"

"sorry not sorry, by bryson tiller."

"nice. i'll have to give him a listen. i like that too, bryson tiller. that's so dope."

i nod, smiling. well at least now we had something we could do when we went to his house after school.

----------------------

this chapter makes no sense, sorry.