7 - Save her

[Adrien PV]

She collapsed in my arms. The evil akuma force had drained her of her energy, and she looked lifeless. I scooped her up and held her, bidding our classmàtes farewell, I jumped up on top of the roof and made my way swiftly across the Paris rooftops. Being careful not to harm her. Marionette had to be safe. That was my only priority.

When we reached the bakery, I de transformed in the side alley, Plagg his in my pocket as I knocked on the door. Rain began to pelt at my hair and eyes.

Tom and Sabine Dupain-Cheng answered the door. Horror filling their eyes.

"Help me," I said, leaning over Marinette. I couldn't let the rain at her. Her parents helped lift her upstairs into her room. And I layed her down onto her sofa bed. Throwing a blanket over her. I couldn't hear her breathing. My heart sank. This couldn't be happening. I loved Marinette. I couldn't let her die.

Slowly, I sat beside her. Slipping my hand into hers and brushing her hair off her beautiful spotless face.

"Marinette." I whispered.

I rubbed her hand gently. Hoping to stir her. I want her back.

"Marinette.. Please wake up.." I could feel the tears stinging at the back of my eyes. I blinked rapidly to try and then away. I couldn't break down now. I had to be string for my lady. My princess.

Plagg flew in through the window, an unconscious Tikki with him. He set the red kwami down on the pillow beside Marinette. I told him where the kitchen was and he left to get food for her. My attention turned back to a motionless Mari. Her parents were downstairs making cocoa and soup to try and help her. My hand left my side and gently, my fingertips brushed her cheek. My heart was pounding now.

"Marinette.." Tears finally spilled over my eyelids.

"Come back to me..." I croaked out before quietly breaking down. I buried my face into the soft fabric of the sofa bed and hid myself. Embarrassed.

Suddenly, out of the blue skies of heaven as if it was a miracle itself. I heard my name, in the most perfect voice.

"Adrien?"

My head jerked up. Mari's precious blue eyes, only halfway opened, looked back at me.

I was overcome with joy as I threw my arms around that beautiful girl. I held onto her tightly. I had a second chance at true love, and I was not gonna let out slip from my grasp this time.