Chapter 4

an: hey guys, been gone for so long you know the usual. My excuse, nothing really, but-uh I'm back. To make more angst and solve it all up.

Chapter 4: Part 1: The Homeless Shelter

It was another day for Suzy. Just like all the others, that not being said it's boring. It has been about 10 months since the death of Holly. She hasn't tried dating again, or ever will but she has stepped out of the homeless shelter once or twice which is an improvement. She was one of the homeless shelter's most active volunteers despite also being a resident. She also had more recently come across a loving couple going by the names Barry and Ross. The times while overall, very grim has also changed Suzy for the better. She is no longer an alcoholic, she is happiest  she's been since she was living with Holly. She did feel empty at sometimes though she was never expected to "get over it" but she was still wondering why she couldn't. 

"Ring ring! Attention all volunteers! The door-to-door donations starting in 10 minutes please go to the front desk to get you're locations, thank you."

Holly was doing better too, despite loosing one of her eyes in the accident, she was back to art. She painted the eyes of her lost love from memory. This was a project given to her by Dan her roommate. To help cope with the death of Suzy. She was alone for the first time in what felt like a million years. Dan hadn't left the house ever since he heard the news of her friend being dead. He was finally getting over it however, and Holly had the house to herself. Dan was returning to his old life volunteering at a homeless shelter.

As he was walking down the street, he noticed that he hadn't eaten lunch yet. It was a few hours after a normal lunch time, and he was in a hurry to make it to the homeless shelter so he decided to skip the McDonald's. 

Dan walked down the very snowy Harlem, and took the subway to the homeless shelter. Today was, conditionally enough a very special day for volunteers, about ever six months the homeless shelter volunteers travel all across New York going door to door asking for donations, surprisingly it gets a lot of money. Dan walked into the large, busy homeless shelter. A few people recognize Dan as soon as he walks in. 

"Hey! Dan's back!" A burly and bearded man pats him on the shoulder "Hey everybody! Dan's back!" A small crowd of people cheer, and an entire group of people rush over to talk to him.

"Hey Dan!"

"Oh, how's it going Kevin! I haven't seen you in forever, it seems as you were a little kid since last I saw you"

"Well obviously now, you can see that's not the case" The 14 year old Kevin puffed out his chess, he had gotten taller, but twice as lanky

Dan looked around with a big grin seeing all the people who were happy to see him, then he saw a familiar face..."Mark! How's it going buddy?" 

Dan caught the owner of the building and charity; Mark by surprise. "Dan! I missed you!" He said happily gave him a hug, then pulled him away still holding him by his arms.

"This place sure has gotten bigger, and brighter, hell, it looks better than a hotel!" Dan said, still looking around the amazing atmosphere.

"I know right!" Mark said with great excitement "It's what I always dreamed of!"

"But...How? It looks so expensive. All new construction, twice as many volunteers, the food smells fantastic."

"I wish I could say I paid for all of this, getting volunteers and donations with my wit and charm, but it's because of this girl, her name is Susan or something. Nobody knows anything about her, but she just showed up one day and after a few weeks she said, if we give her a place to sleep and food to eat she would give all of her money from a full time job, too us. After that more an more volunteers started doing the same thing, but refused the food and shelter. We became bigger and bigger, and now we are the best known charity in America."