Chapter 4

Step-Brother Chapter 4

Warning: Mature Scene in this Chapter

After stomping away from Eric and the mess of his bloody nose I was determined to find out a few things. Number one being, who was fighting Eric and why? And second, why was he being such an ass hole to me? The rest of my classes went by quickly. Uriah was walking with me to my next class. Luckily we had the last two classes together; he was the nicest person I have met here while in Dauntless. Were both heading towards Leadership in Training class and on the way I spotted Eric outside the hallway looking his usual pissed off self. He was leaning against the lockers listening intently to his father speak to him. Uriah and I walked up towards the door and he held it open for me to walk through first. As I nodded a 'thank you' to him I glanced to my right and caught Eric's gaze. His face showed no change in emotion but neither did mine. I wondered right then if Eric really wanted the top leadership position here in dauntless or if he was forced to by his father. But then his "pep talk" this morning seemed like he might be quite serious about it. If he wants that leadership position he really needs some maturing. A playboy who gets into trouble in school, I doubt he would make leadership.

I find a seat towards the back and watch Uriah take the seat in front of me. I set my bag down beside me and relax against the back of the chair and watch the door to see who else was in the class. Hopefully there was more because I'm going to look like an idiot for sitting way back here. But then again, I'd hope Uriah would say something to me.

I tap Uriah's shoulder to signal his attention.
"Hey do you know what happened with Eric today?" I ask him curiously.

"I haven't heard the full story, all I heard was people were talking shit in the locker rooms and there was a fight then coach kicked him and another guy out for the period" he says

"Hm, does that happen often for him?" I ask wondering

"Not really, nobody really wants to fight Eric. So whoever got a punch in must have been pretty angry. People tend to avoid any kind of contact with him" he says but was interrupted by someone.
"Except for the ladies... they don't go out of their way to avoid me" Eric says with a straight face.

I roll my eyes and watch them both greet each other with a handshake most guys do here in Dauntless. I look away from Eric but I still feel his eyes on me. I glance to my side and see he is indeed still staring.

"What?" I say lowly

"Nothing" he says and walks towards the front. Marc walks in with a clipboard and smiles my way. He stands at the board and begins writing:

Leadership In Training: Schedules

I wonder what that meant. I hear the last bell ring and look around and see that its just us three in the class. This is odd.

"Okay kids, I'm going to assume you all know each other so I will get straight to the meeting schedules and then you can head home or hit the gym. Your choice but choose wisely." Marc Says.

He goes on and on about what we will be going over and also field trips and work out routines. The Dauntless really like to stay in shape but I already knew that. All the guys are ripped with massive arms. And all the girls seem to be in good shape. I was never scrawny but I definitely would lose a fight in the state I'm in now. I knew I should take opportunity to hit the gym later in the week. Marc passes out a few papers basically reiterating what we talked about today and what place we will be visiting throughout this year. I noticed later in the year we will be visiting Abnegation. That should be interesting.