The Truth is Revealed

AN:here is an SAO short story (5- chapters) from me to you from an OCs pov

~Love the Author

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I rushed home from the store, the peddles of my bike reaching Mach 8. Hitting the familiar paved street, I slowly pushed down on the brakes to slow me down some. Watching the houses pass, I started to hum a little tune looking for my home.

Turning into the little green house with brown roofing, window frames, and doors, I parked my beloved bike in the rose bushes. I stepped off the bicycle and walked carefully through the thorns, coming out unscathed.

Walking up to the familiar brown painted door, I twisted my wrist slightly, checking to see if it was locked up. Opening the unlocked door fully, I slammed it shut again behind me and ran up the stairs into a small room.

Quickly, I threw on a weird looking helmet and read the instructions that popped up on the inside. Blinking surprisedly at what it asked me to do, I patted down my fragile body and laid down onto my bed.

Taking a deep, nerve racking breath I yelled out the two word that changed my life forever.

"Link start!"

I saw a rainbow of colors shooting towards me. They pulled me into the brand new game Sword Art Online, better known as SAO.

My alias? What would my alias be? My name? Maybe some fictional character? Perhaps an anagram? Sorika Shonia didn't sound right for an alias. Maybe I should just put my friend's name.

With a sudden burst of inspiration I managed to smash my name together and made the perfect name to go by in my brand new world. Quickly, I typed it into the little keyboard that popped up in front of me.

I kept my body build the same on my avatar, short and skinny, and went to modify my face. I changed myself into a beauty, blue pixie cut, big matching eyes, and a button nose.

I tapped the final button that would lead me to my new, virtural, home. I felt the colors whizz past me again even with my eyes closed tightly I could here the soft whisper of them in my new pointed elf ears.

I opened my eyes once more when I felt my feet land solidly on the ground. I took a small dizzy step forward to see a town. Pulling up the menu, I touched a map icon delicately; I watched in pure awe as it pulled up a detailed map of the first floor.

Tapping confidently on the little red dot that had to represent me, the 3D map zoomed way in and gave a name to were I was. The Town of Beginnings. I ran to the nearest store after I put the model away. After all, I would need to get some of the basics to become a strong player.

Seeing a little stand, ran by a middle aged man with brown hair and squinty eyes, I took a sharp turn and stopped in front of his cart. "Hi!" I wheezed happily as I knelt down to examine some strange and no doubt exotic fruit. Grabbing a handful of it haphazardly I turned back to the merchant.

"How much is this sir?" I asked concerned with my financial status.

He gave a dry laugh and smiled at me, "Most stuff is free since it is the first day of release. My good pal a few blocks down has some weaponry and armor you can pick from, lass. Though most of it is beginners stuff."

I nodded my gratitude off to him and ran back a few more blocks, the fruit safely stored in my bag. Turning a sharp corner I ran into him. Falling back, hard onto my rear end I let out a gift omph and closed my eyes expecting pain.

Luckily there was none, must be a addition to being in a place other than the real world. Dusting myself off as I crawled up, I looked at the poor dude I ran into. He had long reddish hair and a bandana covering his hairline. He just stared at me with this weird twitch in his eye and a creepy edge to his muttering.

"G-gomen'nasai?" I approached carefully.

"G-g-g-g," he stuttered mechanically. Watching him squirm made the little bomb inside me explode.

"Spit it out already bud!"

"Girl!" He exclaimed bending down a little,"Hi malady! I am Klein!" He bent down and kissed my hand. I stared in shock as he started some cruddy flirting with me. Taking my hand none too nicely away, I recoiled from the stranger.

"Look dude, but I have to go buy some stuff. I am sure you also have places to be so we better move along."

With a look of pure disappointment, he turned down an ally and waved his hand in a gesture of goodbye. Watching his course for a second I noted he was heading for the hills were monsters lay in wait. "You're right Princesa. I lost a buddy on the way to the hills and I better go meet him. See ya around."

Blinking a few times in surprise, I turned back down another bend, more careful this time to make sure I didn't run into another fool. Reaching the little cart that the merchant told me about, I smiled at his look alike and asked what was free for the day.

I waited in silence as he handed me a breast plate, some gauntlets, a flexible metal band for my mid-section, and a light sword that was easy to handle. Smiling gratefully at him, I tossed him one of the odd fruit from his pal.

"Haha I see you visited my look alike! Here, take this as my piece of appreciation!" He smiled, showing his old, yellow teeth. He then turned behind him and grabbed a soft, navy cloak. I took it from him gently, my eyes as wide as saucers.

I could only nod in appreciation as I equipped the cloak. Turning another corner at a run, I felt my new cloak swish and swirl around me as I ran.

That is when it happened.

I screamed like the girl I am as I floated up into the air slightly and everyone else did so too. Closing my eyes out of pure terror, I wished that it was just a bug for it was a brand new game.

Opening them again slightly I saw I was surrounded by the other players all freaking out as mirrors appeared in our hands. Looking up slightly I panicked for the clear day was turning red, bit by antagonizing bit.

I felt the anxiety drag it's way into my mind and I felt the attack hit my body not unlike a sledge hammer. I looked down at my mirror and felt the buzz in my ears that blocked out all sound. I felt my knees start to buckle and the edges of my vision blacken dangerously.

Falling to my knees I watched in horror as my new appearance disappeared. My blue locks were replaced with a mess of black curls and my cerulean eyes went dirty green.

The mirror then disappeared from my hands. Somehow I managed my way to my feet and began to walk into the shadows. This couldn't be happening. It was all just a bug to be fixed in no time.

Making it to the small corner of the plaza I opened up my menu and scrolled down. It wasn't there. Oh Lord it wasn't there.

That was when I fainted. I fainted at the knowing that my log out button was no longer in existence.

AN: so this was supposed to be a one-shot but instead it is a short story because I got so into writing it is now too long to be a one-shot. And does anyone else find it confusing that 'u'i'o' are all right by each other. It makes hard not to goof up and put something weird down. Please enjoy my Otakuletts.

~Love the Author