1. Fallen

Right. Left. Left again.

No matter which way his feet carried him, Yukio couldn't seem to lose Shima on his tail. The moment that Shima called his name, he fled for his life. He was almost certain that Russell was following the both of them, but he refused to stop.

"Yukio! Yukio, stop!"

"That's NOT my name!!!"

Yukio's foot tangled in one of his laces and he tumbled down a staircase, shielding his face with his arms. His glasses shattered and the sound of his ankle cracking sent fear up his spine.

He was dead. Done for.

"Yukio...baby..."

"No! No, no, no, NO! Stay away...please..."

Shima kneeled down in front of Yukio, removing the broken spectacles from his face and pulling him up a bit.

"So this is where you ran off to, huh? All I've done for you...and you left me..." Shima sounded like he was in pain, but his face twisted hysterically in a mix of laughter and anger. His grip tightened on the collar of Yukio's shirt considerably. "You're coming home with me."

"He's not going home with anyone but me."

The cool metal of a gun pressed against Shima's forehead and he paused, cutting his eyes over to see Russell glaring down at him. "Shizu...are you alright, love?"

Yukio shook his head frantically and Russell scowled. Shima mirrored his expression, dropping Yukio to the floor. "Shizu? Is that what you go by now? I like your real name better." he said. Yukio felt hot tears streaming down his cheeks and even though he knew his life in London was over, he wanted nothing more than for Shima to disappear.

Russell kept his gun on Shima, leaning down to pull Yukio into his feet. He noticed the condition of Yukio's ankle and cringed. "You have a meeting with my old man. I'm taking Shizu and I'm leaving and you're going to walk into that conference room, do what you came to do, and leave." The command was a stern one, and though he didn't grace him with a response he assumed Shima what do as he said.

#

"Let the doctor see your ankle, baby."

Yukio, still crying, shakily held his leg up for the doctor to see. The man was old, possibly not wrapped too tight around the cranium but Russell seemed confident in his abilities. Dr. Avzkevich gently took the injured ankle in his hand and pressed against it lightly. Yukio whimpered in pain and the doctor sighed.

"It is a sprain, but is in bad condition. He will need to stay off of it for at least week or two. I will prescribe pain medication and provide the injury with support." His thick Russian accent made it a bit hard for Yukio to understand him, but Russell nodded and thanked him. The doctor left the room to go and retrieve items for Yukio's recovery, leaving the two alone at last.

"Stop that damned crying."

Yukio wiped at his eyes, trying to stop his sobbing and the flow of tears. Russell sounded angry---hell, he couldn't blame him.

"You...you're breaking my heart here. Watching you hurt like that makes me want to hurt something. Just...please...stop crying." Russell was worried about him? When he had just found out that everything that he knew about Yukio was a lie, he still cared?

"A-Aren't you a-angry?"

"Angry? Fuck yeah, but not with you. Who the fuck is that guy, anyway? You leave a place to make anew for yourself and he comes along to fuck it up. You were finally happy and that dickwad shows up. Un-fucking-believable."

He knew. He knew the entire time that Yukio was lying and he still indulged him.

"You knew...that I wasn't who I said I was?" Russell held Yukio's hand in his own, rubbing over his knuckles with his thumb.

"That's the thing. You are who you said you are. So what if you have yourself a new name? I may not have known your backstory but I'm one hundred percent sure that the man I've been seeing here for the past 6 months is the real you."

Yukio's lip quivered and he bit down on it, trying to force himself to quit his crying.

"Feel free to stop and correct me if I'm wrong, Shizu. Or would you rather I called you by the name that man called you?"

"No! No, I want it to stay how we were before today. Can we...?"

"Are you going to tell me who that man is?"

Yukio dropped his head to his lap, his shoulders sinking. He didn't want to tell Russell about his old self. He wished the old Yukio could stay dead forever.

"Do...do I have to?"

"Shizu...you need to."

He's right. It's time for him to stop being so afraid.

"Renzou...is my ex-boyfriend. We lived in Japan together and he helped me get out of a...violent...relationship. I loved him but, regardless of everything that we had gone through, I guess...he didn't love me back."

Russell scoffed, pulling Yukio closer. "Sure didn't seem like that was the case. He was chasing you like his life depended on it."

"Possessive."

"Obsessive."

Yukio sighed. He really wasn't all too sure why Shima was chasing him. Maybe he knew that Yukio heard him. Maybe he knew that Yukio knew that he was a double agent and his intentions were to kill Yukio as a witness.

Maybe he really loved Yukio.

"I'll protect you. No matter what it takes. Okay?"

Yukio smiled, leaning forward to kiss Russell.

#

Rin wasn't sure what was so exciting about parading around the house in his husband's work shirts, but it was strangely satisfying. His socks had him sliding across the floor as he sang into the hair brush.

He had just become obsessed with an American band--Panic! At The Disco--which it turns out only has one member left: the lead singer Brendon Urie.

Rin found him to be one of the most gorgeous human beings on the face of the planet.

"Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson, ARE YOU NASTAY?! ARE YOU NASTAY?!"

"Ohhhhh!"

"Where will you be waking up tomorrow morning?!"

"Ohhhhh!"

"Out the back door, GODDAMN, but I love her anyway!~"

He happily continued his duet with the stereo, careful not to be loud enough to wake the twins from their nap. A knock at the door pulled him from his mini-concert and he slid down the hallway towards the door, swinging it open.

"China Palace delivery---holy shit it's you!"

Rin remembered the face, though it seemed like it had been so long since he'd seen it. Then it clicked.

"Kuro! Hi, it's so good to see you!"

A/N: For those MONSTERS who have never heard it listened to P!ATD (Besides 'I WRITE SINS, NOT TRAGEDIES') the above video is the song that Rin is singing called "Miss Jackson". Enjoy.