XX

Southern Californ-i

Vanity

I woke up the next morning feeling like I was just sleeping on cloud nine. The best part about waking up this morning, is that CJ was still asleep and his arm was still around my waist. His soft snores filled the room and I peeked over to see how peaceful he looked. It made me wonder what he was dreaming about? What goes on in his subconscious since he always has plenty going on in his conscious.

Reaching for my phone, I saw a text from Dad asking me to call him as soon as I woke up... he can wait a little bit. I'm not all that ready to answer all his questions I know he's dying to ask. It was pretty early considering what times we usually wake up but I felt him pull me closer and a series of kisses to the back of my neck.

"Good morning." I said resting my hand over his.

"Mornin'." He said with a yawn to follow. "How are you?" The way his voice sounded each time he woke up... it sounded so tired, refreshed and lazy all at once but I loved it. If that was the way his voice sounded all the time, I don't know what'd I do. I'd find it so hard to focus. He pulled me around so I was now laying flat on my back. The covers just up to our waists, his hand made me feel a tingly sensation wherever he let his hand roam.

"I'm great and yourself?"

"Same over here. What time is it?"

"Almost nine." He gave a nod. "What are the plans for today?" I sat up and the towel that was loosely around my hair fell down on the bed and my hair was just an absolute mess as I looked in the reflection of the mirror across from the bed up on the wall.

"I gotta make my delivery today." He groaned. "I just wanna lay in bed all day and sleep. Last night seriously tired me out a lot more than I thought it would."

"I'm sorry you're still tired. Why don't you just do it tomorrow? That way you can get more sleep." I suggested. I went to bring my leg up to sit Indian style when I bumped into a certain third leg of his and he flinched. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry." I said looking down at him with guilt already in my voice.

"You're good." He chuckled. "It ain't hurt, just surprised me." That makes two of us. "But today I needa get it done, 'cause I wanna get back down to Riverside." He sat up as well and pulled the covers off of us. "You wanna use the bathroom first?" I nodded my head and got up, shuffling quickly to the bathroom so he didn't see me all naked- even though he saw me last night but now I'm feeling self conscious about myself.

***

Getting dressed in a simple pair of white skinny jeans, grey tank top and regular Timberlands. My hair was put up in a bun and I decided on no make up... mainly because I was too lazy to pull it out of my bag. CJ came walking out of the bathroom dressed in his usual attire but he just stared at me.

"What? Doesn't match?"

"Come here a second." I walked over to him and he slipped off his gold chain then putting it on me. "Now you look better." He said before brushing past me. I took a look in the mirror and my eyes were drawn to thick-ish gold links that hung around my neck and laid against my chest.

"Thanks." I left the presence of the mirror and wandered to my phone. I might as well call Dad and get the call done and over with. "I'm gonna call my Dad real quick." He looked over at me and nodded as I placed the phone next to my ear. He answered right on the second ring.

"Hi Vanity, how are you?" He was in a good mood based on how he answered the phone. Listening in on the background, it sounded like he was at that beach.