CH 1

The sound of the alarms ring through my ears as I make another turn in this labyrinth of halls. I have to tell someone before they catch me.

    Oh, who am I kidding no one will ever believe me. Maybe I didn't really see anything; it was all just in my head. I must have been spending too much time with Dr.Jack and his chemicals. Or it could be the pregnancy hormones.  But then again, if I didn't see anything then why would they turn the alarms on.

    "One more turn," I mutter to myself. My eyes widen in relief as I see the exit still open, 'ha take that losers,' I think. My lungs felt as if they were collapsing on me, I stop for second to catch my breath. "Come on Chromia, just one more sprint." I knew I should have called my friend back for that offer to work out. As I reach the door I hear something clicking from behind me.

"Chromia Hide, you under arrest due to violation of the law, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you."

I turn around and see a dozen men standing behind me with their weapons drawn at me.

"What did I do," I shout at them "I broke no law," I continue with my hands balled up. They didn't respond which further aggravated me. I pulled my sleeves up ready to attack them head on like a raging bull.

"At ease comrades," a deep voice with a heavy Russian accent calls out from behind. "That includes you as vell, Chromia," my eyes widen in relief, and my shoulders visibly relax. I quickly sent a prayer out to whatever god is out there.

"Francis, you won't believe what I just saw," I rapidly spit out as I rush towards him and wrap my arm around his nick like a kola. I cling on to him as if that I the only thing keeping me grounded on this planet.

"Don't trust anyone," I whisper quietly so no one hears our brief exchange.

He suddenly pulls away from me, "You should take your own advice, no," he smirks out looking