Chapter 2- School of Wolves

Chapter 2

"You're mine," he growls in my ear. My body won't let me move it just stays there immobilized in the stranger's arms.

"No," I try to say but my mouth won't work either. He tips my head to the side leaving my neck wide open. He plants his lips there as if kissing it, but lips soon turn into teeth.

He's marking me. When he's done I fall to his feet and everything goes black.

I wake up sweating. I've also fallen out of my bed somehow. The alarm clock begins beeping a couple seconds after.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I yell at it. Its red numbers glare at me and I glare back at it in return.

(>•3•)> ====(>"0.0)>

School is mandatory for wolves ages 5 to 18. Classes occur Monday's, Wednesday's, and Thursday's. There are specific schools that are a mix of multiple packs and there are schools that are specific to one pack.

I go to Mythicala High School. There are some other beings there besides werewolves, and a lot of mixed (half one mythical creature half another) kids too. Erin is an example of a mixed; she is vampire on her dad's side and werewolf on her mom's. As a result, she has dark red eyes, and slightly pointier canines, but no bloodlust. When she turns into a wolf, she has jet black fur, red eyes, and elongated canine teeth.

I think it's pretty cool but Erin disagrees. She tells me that in a battle, she would be singled out as different, and therefore a more noticeable target. She thinks very strategically, which is why I made her my beta. That and the fact that most other male wolves didn't fully respect me as a female alpha yet. They were even more outraged by having to be led by not only a female alpha, but a female beta as well. They need to get their heads out of their asses and just accept it.

As I stepped through the doors of the school I could sense the other alphas. There were 10 packs at this school, as well as a good amount of undecided wolves. The wolves in the same packs hung out like cliques, which drove me mad. No one in my pack cared that I always slipped off campus to eat alone at a nearby cafe. Unsurprisingly, none of the other boneheaded alphas noticed the absence of one of the pack leaders.

Erin would come with me but I knew she was much happier eating with the pack. I wasn't surprised, wolves thrive better with their peers. When wolves are abandoned they can become feral, dangerous, and often go rogue. However, I enjoyed being away from the eccentric life of being a strange fairytale creature.

A consequence of being part fox, my wolf form was slightly smaller than most, and my fur was patterned like a fox. I looked like a someone accidentally put a fox's coat of fur on a wolf's bigger form, if that makes sense. I gave myself a look of demure confidence at my reflection in the car's dark surface. As I began to shift in a secluded section of the teacher's parking lot, I caught the scent of another alpha.

"Crap!" I muttered, reverting to human form as fast as possible. "What do you want?"

Hunter, Alpha of Old Moon pack stepped into view. Grinning, he looked down at my body, my clothes had been hastily pulled back on. I usually changed in the cover of two storage containers the school had left forming a forty five degree angle. On the opening of the corner there was nothing but forest. Wolves usually had to shed most of their clothes before changing, or else risk torn shirts. Underwear, gratefully, disappeared and reappeared when shifting forms.

"Just keep doing what you were doing," he grinned.

"I'm not changing in front of you."

"Come on I won't bite."

"Back off!" I commanded, tremors of alpha dominance resonating in my voice.

He stepped back hesitantly, raising his eyebrows. The alpha in him seemed to reel at being commanded. I looked away for a split second, sheepish. Hunter stepped forward again, until he was about a foot away.

Damn he's tall.

He placed his hand on my shoulder and I immediately shied away at the touch. "Wha-?"

Hunter had also withdrawn his hand in slight shock, looking at it incredulously. He looked back at me but I had already run into the middle of the forest, depositing my clothes in the knot of a gnarled maple tree. Immediately shifting into my wolf form, I ran through the forest in a kind of panic.

The irony of finding your mate two weeks after swearing not to. And only the second chapter of the story too! I gave a small bark of disgust. I hear footsteps behind me and I see Hunter in his wolf form- massive and smokey white. Growling, I backed away from him, my tail drooping downwards, my ears flattening. Hunter kept coming forward. I whined, backing up until I bumped into a tree.

Hunter changed back into a human, surprisingly a pair of shorts and a t shirt appeared on him as he shifted. There was no way I was shifting, only my bra and underwear reappeared and I did not need this guy seeing me practically naked.

"Shift," he murmured. "I won't look."

I gave him a sideways look, trying to figure out if he was kidding. Rolling his eyes, he ran off, coming back in 6 minutes with my clothes. "Here."

I barked at him. It was his turn to give me a sideways glance. "I don't have anything to cover my eyes with. Why don't you just go change behind that tree over there?"

I obliged, turning back into a human. throwing on my jean shorts and flowered tank top. Moving back around the tree I saw Hunter waiting there for me. "Nolana we need to talk."

"No we don't."

"Yes we do."

"Nope."

"Nolana!"

Baritones of alpha dominance rippled through his voice, much stronger than mine had been. I looked down submissively. He grasped my chin and lifted my head so I was looking straight in his eyes. His eyes were mahogany brown with a darker ring around the iris. They held mystery and adoration, and my breath hitched in my throat. My own amber-brown eyes couldn't take themselves away from his.

His lips parted a little and I pulled away instantly.

"Look, we're not going to do anything about this," I spoke in clipped tones.

His eyes became rimmed with sadness, and my chest hurt briefly. "I'm sorry but I can't right now."

He considered this for a second, and nodded before changing into his wolf form and running away. The pain in my chest grew a little more as I watched him disappear through the tree line.

<コ:彡

Nolana Wolfe, you cannot demote yourself for a guy.
You cannot demote yourself for a guy.
You cannot demote yourself for the person who is your destined soulmate?

I decided then that I couldn't. My pack could not be controlled by the alpha of a different pack. The two packs could not merge, it would be chaotic.

How do you decide to love your pack over your mate?