Chapter 7- Monday

Chapter 7

"School! School! School!"

Groaning, I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock.

"Owwww!" Erin whined.

"Ten more minutes," I growled.

"You're going to be late, late, late!"

"No I'm not, not, not!"

Quicker than a kestrel swooping in on its prey, I shot out of bed. "Someone's outside," I growled as I picked up a scent.

Erin wrinkled her nose. "It's Keith. He got skunked earlier this morning, and it's messing up his smell. I told him to wash off in tomato sauce, but his response was literally, 'I feel too lazy today, maybe tomorrow.'."

I groaned as I picked up on the bits of skunk intertwining with the stench. However, I still was picking up on that other scent of another wolf that was slightly unfamiliar. Being the very rational and not tired at all person that I was, I decided to go check it out.

The scent got stronger as I went downstairs, except for when my quick walk through the kitchen. The overwhelming smell of brownie waffles and freshly made whipped cream permeated the air, cutting my senses off from that stranger scent I had caught onto.

Joseph stood in the middle of the kitchen covered in a myriad of random food stains and crumbs.

"Breakfast is almost ready- I was going to make confetti pancakes with raspberry syrup, but Keith ate all the sprinkles. Could you remind Kai to pick some up on his way back from work?" Chocolate was smeared on his cheek. I nodded, disoriented for a brief moment. Then I caught the strange scent again. It was overwhelmingly strong this time. I turned slowly to see a timid girl perched on the edge of a chair, her hand cuffed to the heavy table.

"Joseph what on earth is this girl doing here, and why is she chained to our dining table?"

A hesitant wince and a mumble was all I received in response.

"Joseph!" I unleashed authority into my voice. The girl's eyes widened, and she cowered in her chair. "Joseph, what did I say about kidnapping mates?! Argh! All the legal issues! All the forms I have to fill out!" I sniffed the air, catching her scent once more. "And she's a human! She doesn't know what the helł is going on!"

Joseph's head hung in shame. He shuffled his feet, played with his fingers, and pouted. I turned to the girl. "Hi, what's your name?"

"Athena."

"Great job, Joseph, you managed to kidnap a Greek goddess."

Athena made a face as Joseph grinned wickedly. "I know."

I turned back to Athena. "Alright, look. I'm in a hurry and I have a lot on my plate, so I'm going to give you the quick run through. We're werewolves, this is our pack house. We won't harm you. I'm the alpha, or head of the pack, and that idiot over there," I pointed at Joseph. "Kidnapped you because you are his mate. This means you two were born with a bond that destined for you two to be made for each other, etcetera, I forget the fine details. Now, since Joseph has found you he's probably going to be very protective and possessive of you, as most werewolf males are, due to- you know, let's not get into genetics right now."

Athena's eyes widened. "It's just like those stories on Energynote! There are tons of werewolf stories- I didn't think it was all actually real though!" Her glasses bounced as she sprung up in her excited state. Joseph came over, plates bearing stacks of pancakes.

"Alpha, I think it's time for you to get to school."

"I'm not going to school for morning classes- I've decided that there are more pressing matters at the moment that need to be sorted out."