Dallas Imagine for @arrows24

For arrows24
*Trigger warning: cutting; talk of attempted suicide*

You couldn't handle it anymore. The little remarks. People ignoring you when you needed them. It just was too much right now.

No one was home, and you shut yourself in your room. You paced around, debating with yourself whether to do it or not. The cruel voice saying to do it won out.

You quickly found the little blade. Just as you were about to make the first cut, Dally came into your room.

"Hey El-" he stated to say before noticing what you had been about to do. "What the hell? Elyea..." He looked at you sadly as he rushed over and took the razor from you. "Why?"

Tears were slowly trickling down your face. "Because... Because it just hurt."

He took you into his arms. "Elyea, you are the strongest person I know. You've made it through situations that not even I could. And that's why I love you. You are so strong and brave and beautiful, and you have a kind soul. You are what keeps me grounded. You are the one person that I keep living for because I would hate to think what would happen if I wasn't around to keep you safe. I need you, Elyea. You are so important to me, and you have to know that."

"Dally, you're just saying that because you don't want me to cut myself," you said, unconvinced by his words.

He huffed, but not in the childish way, more like in an exasperated way, and ruffled his dark brown hair. "Come with me." He got up and started walking towards your door before turning back to you and motioning for you to follow.

You reluctantly got up and followed him. Before he stepped out the door, he made sure to wipe the tears from your eyes. Then you guys left.

He led you to Buck's place, but you didn't go inside. He walked around to the back.

"Here," he finally spoke. "This was where you saved me from killing myself two year ago."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "I don't remember that."

"I do. Very clearly," he stated. "I was drunk out of my mind, and I had a gun. It had been one of those bad days, you know."

You did know. Sometimes, he just wasn't in a good mood, and it wasn't like he was mad, he just felt done for a while.

"Well, I had a gun, and I kept telling everyone that I was gonna die that night. No one took me seriously. No one except you. You had been sitting there by yourself the whole night, and when you heard me say I was gonna kill myself, you followed me around. I guess at one point I came out here to do it, but you stopped me. You sat me down and talked to me and, eventually, got the gun away from me. You saved my life the very first night we met."

Your breath caught in your throat. You did remember that. "Dally, it could've been anyone else," you tried to reason.

He just shook his head, took hold of your hand, and started walking again. He now led you to the bridge that went over the river.

"You saved me again here, and I get you didn't even know what I was planning," he stated, looking out onto the brownish green river and leaning onto the railing.

"What?" you asked, confusedly. That seemed even less familiar than the first one. "When was that?"

"7 months ago, I was walking along this very bridge, once again, contemplating my death. And who should come pacing down the other side of the bridge with her school stuff, but this gorgeous girl next to me." He smiled at you and kissed your forehead. "You waved at me and blew me a kiss. It was right before I asked you to be my girl. I saw you over there, and every thought of killing myself was lost. All I wanted was to be with you."

You knew you were crying now. "Dal, no one has ever said that I mean that much to them before." You looked down at your feet, and he pulled you into his embrace.

"Well, you mean much more than that to me. I love you, Elyea," he whispered. "Now, let's go. I have one more thing to do."

You followed him back into town to the local animal shelter. You became really excited. He knew you had always wanted a puppy, but you could never convince your parents to get you one.

You practically ran to the dog section. "Ooo! Dally, look at that one! They're so cute!" You looked at all the various dogs in front of you.

He laughed. "Pick one." He saw the look of surprise on your face. "Go on, I'll get it for you, and it can stay with me if your folks have a cow."

You looked again at the dogs, your eyes settling on a little brindle pit bull puppy. It was the one. "That's it. That's our puppy," you stated, pointing at it.

"Why that one? I mean, it's tuff and all, but.." he looked at you quizzically.

You looked him in his dark eyes. "It reminds me of you."

I hope you like it! And I can not tell you how much I appreciated that imagine. It was so sweet!

Updates will be pretty rocky. My teachers seem to want to pile on work on us, but I will update when I can. It probably won't be much if a difference, but if I don't update a couple days in a row, don't worry. M'kay.

~Mariah