Dallas Imagine for @KarliStanly

For KarliStanley

You needed a break. Everyone around you was starting to make you agitated. You smiled to everyone as you made your way to the nearest exit, but on the inside, you were yelling at every single one of them. You slipped out of the house and away from all the people.

You shouldered on your sweater as you walked down the sidewalk towards the outskirts of town. There was a river that went around the edge of the city limits, and you loved sitting on the bridge looking into the rushing water.

You walked, in no particular hurry, to the bridge.  There were no cars that night, but you noticed someone sitting along the rail of the bridge. You stopped right next to him.

He looked not even 20, but you couldn't be sure. He was tough looking, with a leather jacket and a stone cold expression on his moonlit face. His hair looked pale, like a very light blonde (I describe him like the book sorry).

"If you jump, then I'll have to jump too," you stated, breaking through the fragile silence.

The stranger turned towards you, and you took in his handsome features and icy, blue eyes. "Now, why would you do that?"

You sighed and leaned against the rail, looking out on the rushing water beneath you. "My life is a constant battle between my sanity and my surroundings. Nothing goes right, and I'm just done trying."

"Well," he started, "I'm Dallas, and you are?"

"Giving up. Screaming on the inside. Tired of not being adequate. Take your pick," you replied. "But most people call me Kyla."

You both sat there in silence for a few moments. The only sounds were the water, the distant horns from the cars in town, and the sound of your and Dallas's breathing.

"Why are you here?" you decided to break the silence again. You turned to face Dallas.

"I guess, I'm here because I needed another option." He kept his gaze on the moving river. "I'm a lost cause, a delinquent, a dirty hood. Take your pick." He let out a little laugh at his reference to what you had said before.

"I don't think you are," you stated.

"You don't even know me."

You looked at him dead in the eye and words just fell out. "I don't have to."

The next thing you knew, both of your lips were connected in a kiss. He cupped your face in his hands, holding you to the kiss, as if he needed to. You both pulled away to catch your breath.

He leaned his forehead against yours. "I think you're worth living for."

"Ditto." You reconnected your lips to his.

Thank you for waiting! I really hope you like it. Really, I'm sorry I didn't finish it earlier. M'kay.

~Mariah